Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 08:56:10 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  One of the good things about this forum.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: One of the good things about this forum.....  (Read 5512 times)
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« on: September 05, 2012, 08:09:27 AM »

Theo, Kevin and I set up this forum to see if there was anyone else in the World as mad about Fiat 131s as we were and over the years we have met and communicated with many people as a result. One such person is Rob131, who I met up with for the first time last night for a couple of beers and curry. Cool Grin

Thanks for coming to see me Rob. I had a great evening.  Smiley We must do it again sometime - if you can bear it  Cheesy Cheesy I hope I didn't bore you too much.  Huh

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 08:51:58 AM »

Amongst many others, primary of which is an annual "let your hair down event" in a 131!  Grin

No pictures Si?  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 10:06:29 AM »

I don't have any hair to let down any more Kev  Cry

Sorry, no pics. Not sure that the World is ready for such things........ Cheesy

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Rob 131

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »

Simon

I had a great time, your company and cars are wonderful. We have a serious amount in common and not just 131's. I just wish I wasn't driving and it hadn't been a school night (literally for me Shocked Shocked) and we could have sunk a few more of those Kingfishers?? Cobras?? Most Beer suits me.

Based on recent events. Hopefully we'll be getting together more often.

I just need a Mirafiori Now  Grin Grin.

Your BMW's look great. However I won't be persuaded to get another Grin Grin. I think  Huh Huh. For a while maybe  Grin Grin Grin 

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 11:05:40 PM »

A loosely related bit of a funny story: This weekend was our AGM and rally for the Lancia Gamma Consortium and a few of us Gammisti congregated in Buckingham for the weekend. This morning I was checking out of the hotel and as another guy was waiting to pay his bill the lady at reception asked "who's next?" so I pointed at the other guy and then he said to me "was I first Theo?" I was rather surprised that he knew me as I didn't recognise him but with my memory being so bad lately I didn't want to embarrass myself so simply said "yes you were here before me".  He then said "you are Theo from the 131 website are you not?" It turns out that he is a 131 owner (owns several apparently) and a member of this forum and he recognised me from the photos posted here. He is a journalist and was covering a Ferrari event at Silverstone. Unfortunately we were both in a hurry so didn't get to talk 131s  Undecided

If any of you are interested in seeing some of my photos of the Gamma weekend, have a look at the slideshow at http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff477/TheoKyriacou/Gamma%20Consortium%20AGM%20and%20Rally%202012/?albumview=slideshow

There were a total of 12 Gammas present (9 Coupes and 3 Berlinas), a couple of Betas and a Maserati Biturbo Spider. Attendees were from the UK, Germany, Netherlands and Japan.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 12:07:26 AM »

Good story Theo...I presume the attendee from Japan didn't drive to the event from Japan in his car?  Smiley

Fame at last! Nice pictures although I think you need an orange or Kawasaki green Gamma just to lift the pictures a little. Grin A couple of new ones have popped up in Ireland recently. A black Berlina and a silver Coupe.

The one piece of information missing is who the 131 owner (or forum member) it was.... Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 10:42:50 AM »

Good story Theo...I presume the attendee from Japan didn't drive to the event from Japan in his car?  Smiley

Fame at last! Nice pictures although I think you need an orange or Kawasaki green Gamma just to lift the pictures a little. Grin A couple of new ones have popped up in Ireland recently. A black Berlina and a silver Coupe.

The one piece of information missing is who the 131 owner (or forum member) it was.... Smiley

You're right Kevin, our Japanese member (and his wife) didn't drive from Japan even though he owns 3 Gammas (the only 3 Gammas in Japan) and a few other Lancias. In fact they couldn't even get a direct flight to Heathrow and had to fly via Helsinki.

No leery bold colours for Gammas Kev; these are classy cars!  Grin Grin In fact, in the UK at least, all Series 2 Gammas only came in metallic colours and most of them very sedate such as gold, silver, light blue etc. There were more colours, including the ubiquitous flat Italian red and Lancia blue, with the Series 1 cars. There was also black available as a special order colour but the Coupes at least had to be specially selected from the production line to find cars whose panels were good enough to be sprayed black.

I know about the Black Berlina in Monaghan and the Silver Coupe in Galway. Strange thing is that they are both for sale and the Coupe was only sold to Ireland recently. And I have it on good authority that the black Berlina may be returning to the UK shortly  Wink

The "missing" piece of information was on purpose Kev as I wasn't sure I should be reporting on other people's whereabouts  Lips Sealed

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
glenn131

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 09:45:52 PM »

It is frightening how small the world is, I worked for Peugeot motor company for 16 years, and left to run my own (small, but my own) garage. To keep in touch with old colleagues I joined LinkedIn, and was surprise to find a recommended possible contact was Theo. As a bit of a dinosaur as far as technology goes, it made me feel better thst the world of 131mirafiori.com is as recognised as Peugeot motor co! I'm still crap with technology, but feel a lot more at home!

131 Mirafiori Sport
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 09:51:33 PM »

Without this great forum I should miss a lot of nice 3MA moments and friends we made.

Priceless.....................

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.