Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 09:31:26 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  The Good Old Days EVW 15 T
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Good Old Days EVW 15 T  (Read 4776 times)
kes131

« on: July 01, 2008, 12:04:04 AM »

Hi all

I am at the start of moving and came across all my history of EVW which I believe I put away back in 2003. I found a load of invoices back when Kev must have had done work to EVW when he owned it , it may bring back some memories back for kev when he done some restoration work on her. I believe some were faxes to quay garage Newton abbot , a windscreen? invoice another one from sidwell street motors and many more!! There is also a few back in 1992 -3 Mr Prince maybe this was the guy Kev brought EVW from many years ago. Grin Cool Shocked Shocked? Wink

Also found? 2 x? Twin Cam Fiat Register? window stickers when I was a member of the club around? 2000 ,? still stapled together ready to go in EVW !! And also was a member of the FIAT MOTOR CLUB in 2000 as well !! Cool

And even found original? ?FIAT 131 RACING? ?PARTI? DI? RICMBIO? ?Roll Eyes Grin
One of them plastic things that we have all had a look at when we used to go into the parts department at FIAT and waited for them to search through more then a thousand parts !! This will come in handy when I start restoring EVW? ?I believe it lists every part of a 131 RACING !!

I can remember taking it with me when I was rebuilding my back axel !!

6 months road tax 31-3-93? ?60.50 bring it back.!! Grin Grin

I have got some negatives some where that came with EVW. I will have to find them and may bring back some good old memories for one of the previous owners. I will see if I can find them!! Cheesy? Wink

I will have to add some photo?s maybe of some of my finds !

It brings those good old days back !! Wink

Regards Mark
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 09:15:03 AM by kes131 » Logged
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 09:40:43 PM »

Hi Mark - Those invoices do bring back memories.

Sidwell Motors in Exeter were great for parts - Delivered next day to Cornwall for free and cheap prices too. I remember I had a brand new back panel and boot lid for ?30 each from them.

I had a relationship with Autoglass and they put in a new windscreen for something like ?50 I think.

Cant remember why I was dealing with Newton Abbot although I did work there for a year or so.

Nice to have a bit of history with the car.  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
kes131

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 12:16:59 AM »

Hi? Kev

Thanks for your reply. Wink I have got all invoice you gave to the guy who bought EVW who lived in Hatfield. I just see one invoice for a N/S/F Wing 131 ?40 Shocked
?48 with postage? from M S R in Lincs 16th June 1995 Cool

Got loads of photos to which were taken around 2000 also got of Lancia beta coupe me and friend bought that was later sold by his EX who Scrapped it as it was in her front garden and we had no storage after we moved out of our workshop!! Angry Cry

Regards Mark
kes131

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 01:04:12 AM »

I have started adding photos to this thread !! Cheesy
kes131

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 12:16:54 PM »

Hi everyone i have just a browse through some old books i had tucked away with my history of EVW? Cheesy

i have downloaded some of the photos below? Wink

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 09:22:06 PM by kes131 » Logged
kes131

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 09:09:47 PM »

Hi everyone

I have just up loaded loads more photos !! im not sure if i have got the photos in order! as they came from one of my books !!? Roll Eyes Grin Roll Eyes

Gremlino

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 10:27:46 PM »

Hi Mark,

Great articles, The 131 with it's little backup the Ritmo......back when they could afford to run two class programs at the same time  Cool

Heres a couple of pics of one of those rare Ritmos, its tarmac spec and has been run at the Silver Flag Hillclimb in recent years. 

* Ritmo Rally 1.jpg (479.53 KB, 2816x2112 - viewed 327 times.)

Signature has gone Kaput!
Gremlino

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 10:28:43 PM »

Torino plates...

* Ritmo Rally 2.jpg (397.8 KB, 2259x1678 - viewed 423 times.)

Signature has gone Kaput!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.