Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:16:25 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  limited slip diff
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: limited slip diff  (Read 4144 times)
CharlSA

« on: August 07, 2008, 01:01:27 PM »

Can anyone tell me if a ltd slip diff is available for 131.If not what diff can be used or converted.
djape1977

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 11:41:39 PM »

as far as my knowlege of 131 goes, and i bought it two weeks ago, whole rear suspension is very simmilar (exactly the same as far as i can tell) to lada 2101/ 2102....07 and so is the axle. if you consider a fact that 180 million russians drive mostly lada's and on icy or snowbound roads for 6 months a year, lsd is a logical way to go. there is a company in russia that produces a torsen (torque sensitive) diff for lada and it costs abouth 250 us$. it seems to be a copy of quaife torsen diff. http://okb-dvigatel.ru/differential.phtml it's in russian but pictures say all. since i also speak russian i contacted them and got the price. and in case that this diff doesn't fit the 131 diff housing, fitting a lada rear axle on a 131 should be a one day job.

here's a link to an italian company that has a lsd for 131: http://www.bacciromano.com/index.php?p=prodotti&l=eng&cat1=25&cat2=92 although the price is a bit steep

as i have heard, all fiats produced by steyr austria have lsd's but i can't confirm that. a guy i know said that i guy he knew once had a steyr fiat argenta with a lsd.

get a bigger hammer!
Tas131

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 09:18:37 AM »

Sorry for the highjack!
I've found a 131 with a 132 disc rearend in it, supposedly an LSD out of an 1800 GLS. How can I tell it's an LSD and not just a standard 132 diff. The car isn't drivable.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 09:24:09 AM »

Jack up the back of the car so both wheels are off the road. With handbrake off, turn one of the rear wheels by hand and watch the other rear wheel. If the other wheel turns in the same direction as the one you are turning, you have a limited slip differential but if the other wheel is turning in the opposite direction to the turned wheel then it's a standard diff.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
djape1977

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 11:57:11 AM »

it really could be an lsd with discs from 132 gls. i have one just like that in my back yard. very rare rear axle, most didn't have lsd

get a bigger hammer!
CharlSA

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 06:27:24 AM »

Sorry for the highjack!
I've found a 131 with a 132 disc rearend in it, supposedly an LSD out of an 1800 GLS. How can I tell it's an LSD and not just a standard 132 diff. The car isn't drivable.
If you jack the rear end and hold one wheel so it can not turn,try to turn the other wheel.If it can turn it is not a lsd.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.