Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:46:45 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  how much to pay for a sport
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how much to pay for a sport  (Read 2842 times)
mclements131

« on: September 10, 2008, 06:04:36 PM »

hi chaps just wondering how much one would pay for a 131 sport rhd uk car needing work as a project, i met a chap yesterday who said he knows a colleage at work who knew where there might be one layed up, orange sport.
it might not happen but any ideas on how much to pay for it. there was one sold on ebay orange sport too for around a grand so is that the going rate or does it depend on how rusty it is Undecided still looking for a goodun here in the uk but not a sausage Cry
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 06:37:26 PM »

I would say it does obviously depend on condition, however it also depends on if the current owner knows what it is worth. If you can find one that is hidden away somewhere you may get a bargain. A restorable sport could fetch up to ?2000 on ebay depending of course how many other people are looking at the time. Definitely ask the seller how much he wants for it rather than make an offer, you might just be pleasantly suprised how little they want and you can always offer them less if you think it is too much. At the end of the day a car is only worth as much as someone is prepared to pay. Ebay often gives the seller lots of interested parties, but not everyone uses the internet let alone Ebay!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
chris131

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 09:53:01 AM »

Hi, yes the value really depends on the condition. If your thinking of buying it make sure that it has good doors and good rear quarter panels, as these parts are specific to the the 2door models and are like hens teeth to get. So if those particular parts are rotten I would say its worth very little - ?500 probably.

If they are good then you could easily double that to ?1000 till ?1500 just depending on how good everything else is.

Anyway keep us posted if you go and look at it.

chris
mclements131

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 11:27:25 PM »

ok thanks will keep pestering him to make a few enquiries turns out the owner is a bit of a hoarder and is not easy to comunicate with Huh will keep trying though hopefully will get one to restore Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.