Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 09:37:56 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  future classic?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: future classic?  (Read 9520 times)
eugene

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 10:38:09 PM »

I always understood that it was only LADAS one gets for FREE Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.Never new Fiats werw for free as well.
Everyday one learns something new Wink.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
Blue850

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 01:31:20 PM »

I worked in a Fiat dealership in the early 90's and we were plagued with Regattas for rust warranty, they must have been the last of the non galvanised Fiats, We had to put 4 doors on one and couldn't any for the passenger side, so we put 2 Ritmo ones on it, so it had rectangular handles on one side and round on the other Grin. The 1.9 turbo diesels were pokey though.
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 04:19:20 PM »

It's terrible how these cars were the replacement for the 131, but FIAT were just answering what the buyers were asking for.

The thing about the "Regretta" tho was that it was so very different to the car it replaced. Front wheel drive and transverse engine for starters. Yeah, I drove lots when they were current cars as my wife Wendy worked for FIAT from about 1990 until 1996. The 100S (1600TC) was superior to the 85S (1600 ohc), but the 85S Automatic actually had the Strada sourced 1500 single ohc, which for some reason FIAT thought was good idea (perhaps because the Strada 85 was already available as an automatic so there was no development cost).

The Regretta was dated when it was launched, especially when you compare it with the Tipo/Tempra range that replaced the Strada/Regata. As someone has already said, they rusted for Italy and did nothing for the reputation of FIAT. A mate of mine had a 1985/B-reg 100S saloon in gold that was totally rotten. He paid for a cheap respray and punted it quick before anything fell off. Yeah, it was quick, but it weighed nothing as it was made out of Coke cans.

All that said tho, if the price was right and I had the money I'd have a 100S saloon. I think that they will be worth something one day, especially those with a TC. The cars with i.e. injection were extremely complicated and the electronics often went wrong.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.