Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 07:41:51 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  EBAY debate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EBAY debate  (Read 4055 times)
italianxrays

Fiat 131 - VFP783X

« on: March 20, 2009, 02:50:38 PM »

Undecided
I noticed an interesting discussion item on Fiat Motor Club Forum about identity of bidders etc etc
EBAY has tried to tighten up on possible fraud etc.
My user name is pretty obvious as I tend to use it on multiple sites inc Forums etc.
I have no problem in bidding for something I want against fellow 131 Forum members, it is after all an auction site and you bid what you will and hope to win regardless.I even thought about bidding for Jasons 131but am glad it found such a well deserving enthusiasts home !!
We have a great site that seems to offer and share spares info freely often items being put on here first rather than ebay.
Generating enough interest in any spares for our 131's has to be good be it manifolds, seat towels or whatever.
Do members have any strong views, I know ebay has its critics.
miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 07:04:28 PM »

Hi italianxrays,

I use only one nick on all forums Miro, and "Miro-1980" and agree .

My policy is to offer whatwever spare parts I want to sell on forums I regularly visit first  (31mirafior , GC  and turuo124). Selling on ebay is not really my thing though I may sell things on Ebay as well if they do not find buyers here and really want to unload the parts.

It may seem old fashioned but selling something here to one of the fellow members gives me satistaction it will help someone rebuild one more ftat and will not go to some merciless trader who are out there just to make cold cash - not preserve a piece of history.

I fact I would rather hold on to a part than sell it on ebay.

There is another aspect here as compared to ebay.  We are after all quite a body of experts and when someone says he is selling a 124 distributior , he will make it clear that it is a block monuted double points or electnroinic head mnounted OHC . In other words it is easy tio know what you are really buyng. All too often on ebay it takes me few days just to find out what the guy is selling. Veray rarely when someone sells a part he really provides proper technical desctribtion. I.E thmostat for 124, 1245, 127, 131  that and a lot of research distributor cap , I know what I am buying :

Example :

=========

Ein  neues Thermostat

passend f?r alle

Fiat  124  Spider    1974 bis 1985

genau wie abgebildet

Thermostat for cooling system  -  all Fiat 124 Spider  1974 to 1985

BAGR-01                                                                                          Artikel Nr.: 140209
==============

where is the opening temperature ! Huh

=================
AND ONE MORE EXAMPLE :
=================

TERMOSTATO THERMOSTAT FIAT 124 SPORT-SPYDER-RALLY

TERMOSTATO PER FIAT 124.

2000 EUROPA VOLUMER

1500 SPECIAL-SPECIAL T

1400 COUPE'-SPORT

1800 COUPE' SPORT

1800 SPYDER-RALLY SPORT.

ORIGINALE SAVARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PER APPASSIONATI DI AUTO D'EPOCA.     

================

THIS INFORMATION IS GROSSLY INACCURATE

NON OF THIS COULD HAPPEN HERE !

SO OFFERING PARTS ON A FORUM FIRST LOOKS LIKE A GOOD IDEA!

COUNT ME IN !. 

MIRO

* e739_1.JPG (16.6 KB, 400x300 - viewed 429 times.)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 07:16:59 PM by miro-1980 » Logged

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 07:36:49 PM »

I am not the biggest ebay fan. You can buy stuff there without too many problems but when you sell something, TAKE CARE!!
I was twice with a store on ebay and had a few troubles with buyers. You know the obvious story, I didn't get my stuff etc. The problem at the moment is that as a seler you can get negative feedbacks while the buyer cannot get them anymore. In my case I got a negative 1 and ebay blocked my account. Yhat meant that I couldn't see what happened anymore, people got angry, payed, didn't hear anything.And the snowball runs  Angry Angry Funny thing. You get even more mail from ebay then that the case worsened even and they can close your account. This was exactly what happened twice.
Because of this I HATE EBAY. For me they are big criminals doing this. Your money for paying them is good enough but they don't even listen to you as a seller! TAKE CARE, WATCH OUT

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
djape1977

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 12:20:26 AM »

only one question considering buying/selling on this forum:
why is it considered udesireable to openly say the price of a part/car for sale?

on forums in serbia such as lada klub, fiat/lancia club serbia and others it's considered usual to state the price of item for sale.

btw, as far as i can tell, ebay is a heaven for fishing in murky waters...

get a bigger hammer!
parrish

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 02:07:31 AM »

Ive used Ebay a lot buying and selling, to be honest im yet to have too many problems, i did once have may account hijacked! it took e bay a while to sort that out.
I for one will  continue to use e bay as a tool for spares, however any other  forum for spares which also gives advice cannot be a bad thing, as an example go look at other classic car web sites you see they have many spare sections, which seem to do OK, as for price, ask for what you want, see what you get?
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
bolger

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 08:56:54 AM »

That's a pity that there is no real global competitor to the Ebay. But, I got my Sport from Ebay, and it was definitely once in a lifetime deal ...
sport fan

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 05:21:17 PM »

Hi all i am trying to buy parts for a 127 sport on
another site at the moment but having problems
with the language difference. any of you know
Italian ? cheers Sean  Huh

Sean ...... 1980 Fiat 127 Sport.
Tas131

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 11:00:13 PM »

only one question considering buying/selling on this forum:
why is it considered udesireable to openly say the price of a part/car for sale?

A forum I'm on in Australia has a statement from the moderators that items for sale should have at least some indication of the amount you want for any parts you advertise. If you advertise without a price, the first question asked is "How much". Without stating a price I think some people are fishing for a value, they don't know themselves how much they want or what an Item is worth.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.