Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 07:32:20 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  At home with the 131s
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: At home with the 131s  (Read 3702 times)
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« on: April 19, 2009, 04:51:08 PM »

It's amazing how much better I feel when the sun comes out Grin Most of the time I'm a totally miserable, almost suicidal individual, but when the sun comes out, somehow, things seem better..........they're actually not, but seem to be Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Took this picture earlier today - in the sunshine. All of my current 131s out having fun at home Wink

Give a man and camera and there's no stopping him! Roll Eyes Grin

I've just noticed, this is all of my (non-human) money sapping "possessions" in the same picture - Abarth, Racing and House.

* Arbie 5s 036.jpg (190.11 KB, 800x600 - viewed 463 times.)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 04:54:17 PM by simon131 » Logged

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 05:53:53 PM »

I ve been out tinkering in the sunshine washing ,new leads a spin to fill up , wishing there was a classic car pub meet this afternoon.... Wink
Don't get to down ,ive had it twice in 6 years it not nice after a while? Undecided
 chin up and get polishing? ?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 06:42:07 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 06:55:51 PM »

Thanks for your thoughts Ja. It's difficult to stay positive all of the time, especially when the kids are asking for things and I keep having to say 'no'. Still, I hope things will get better on the work/income front soon - goodness knows I've been trying to find work fairly locally (within 50 miles), but it's looking more likely that I'll have to start considering work further afield - much further Undecided

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 07:55:10 PM »

Cheer up Si - This is just a temporary blip on the journey of life. Think of your friends, family, talents, your health and your endless ability to make people crack up with laughter...plus your stable of 131s - and then compare your life with someone in..... hmm... Iraq...! Wink

You must take me for a spin in the Abarth one day - I never knew that was the view of the bonnet from inside!

I had my Sport out in the sunshine today as well - Fantastic day for it.

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Andy c

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 06:27:46 PM »

Aah Si, and here we are thinking rain or shine when your with Fab people on a Good Friday, (funny enough a couple called Si and Wendy)the weather can do what it likes, as nothing can stop us having a great time with great friends Cheesy

Anita xxx

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 04:42:08 PM »

I think some of you may be taking my suicidal tendancies a bit too literally! Grin My dear old Mum always said that if you talk about commiting suicide you'll never do it...I only hope she's correct! Wink

Nita, we too had a lovely time on the wet and rather cold Good Friday and would echo your comments about being with good friends. You and Andy are two lovely people and I hope that we are all friends together for a very long time, if not forever.? Smiley

By the way Nita, the blister on my left heel is still giving me problems. Started to bleed again yesterday Roll Eyes Perhaps I'll just have to throw those boots away.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.