Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:22:14 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Another Fiat 131 is coming to Ireland...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another Fiat 131 is coming to Ireland...  (Read 9266 times)
eugene

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 08:47:19 PM »

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations,and yes Mark,that was the time i came through Waterford City.I also stoped for petrol on the Cork side of Waterford.
I am delighted with the car.It is totally original and still has the old MW/LW radio.I never went over 100kph/60mph as i believe it is to much for the car as it is 4speed.It is at that speed one needs the fifth gear,but almost 99% of cars in the middle 70s and later had only 4speed gearboxs.
The car drove all the ways faultlessly,but as i was going over the Severn bridge,i noticed something rough on the steering(Perhaps the car was lonely leaving English soil Cry Cry)Anyway i believe it is right front wheel bearing.In the morning i will take it apart.I have a feeling the crome is starting to come away on one of the bearing cups.The roughness was not there when i left potters bar.Also i saw a signpost for Enfield(hi Theo).
I want to say a very big thank you to Jason and his Employee Mechanic Andy.They did a 1000% excellent service on the car.The engine ran so smooth for a 34 year old car that i cannot find what words to say.
The wait paid off finally in the hunt for a 131.I'm sure some people thought i was just a dreamer and that i would never own one.Sometimes i used to think the same myself.
Yes Sam i plan to be in Killarney in September.Can't miss that event Wink.So for now i must get some sleep.Had very little last night and takle at that bearing in the morning.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.