Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 06:12:51 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Turbo Twin Cam
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Turbo Twin Cam  (Read 7382 times)
mick131

« on: June 13, 2007, 05:54:32 PM »

Hey all,

Went and bought some bits for the car today and when I got talking to the guy he said that he had a Lancia Delta HF turbo he was breaking. Has anyone any info they could share about putting this engine into a 131 ?.

He wants ?300 for practically the whole car and it's done 74,000K but I have not heard it running.

Thoughts anyone ?.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 10:40:39 PM »

A mate of mine was planning to do a similar conversion, but I don't think he ever got it done. I think it is possible though, but not sure what is involved.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
20vturbo

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 07:32:26 PM »

hi dave!
 unless its a mark 1 delta turbo with the carb,it would be a total pain to do,but nothing is impossible!
scott
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 09:43:03 PM »

What you driving now?

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
greek mirafiori

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 12:05:32 PM »

I think that a friend of my father has put a Lancia engine to a131 But I don't remember which type of engine exactly. I think  you can do it but you will have a lot of trouble...

P. Katsivas-Fiat 131 Mirafiori CL, 1.6 ,Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 95 hp 'Racing' owner
Kalamata, Hellas.
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 04:32:36 PM »

Hi Mick131

Tuning16 is a member on here - If you search for his posts you will find details of his black 131 which I believe has a Turbo motor fitted - Possibly a Lancia Delta or Fiat Croma - Cant remember which.

Here is some video footage of it in action...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNiAho0TfrA

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
mick131

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 05:54:59 PM »

Hi,

Cheers Kev, have had a quick look at the engine layout and it looks like the turbo has been " added " to the twin cam rather than this being a donor engine fitted to the car.

The inlet / exhaust layout is the same as a conventional TC motor whereas the turbo twincams, if I'm not mistaken, had the opposite layout ?.

The engine I am thinking about buying is from a Delta 1600 HF Turbo ie ( 140 BHP ? ) and has injection. The bloke says that you can take the engine wiring loom out of the Delta ( complete with ECU ) and run power to it via the ignition switch.

He also mentioned that the cc could be increased by using a 2000 cc block and changing the pistons in it for low compression ones and a matching crank. This seems simple  Shocked enough but then I would have to take into account throttle cable, intercooler pipe, and exhaust re-routing etc etc.

Maybe I'm complicating things and also being greedy for wanting so many horses !!.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
Upprcalypse

Gerald

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 10:20:49 AM »

The inlet / exhaust layout is the same as a conventional TC motor whereas the turbo twincams, if I'm not mistaken, had the opposite layout ?.

The first Lancia Delta HF Turbo (with carbs!) still had the conventional TC layout. The layout was switched to the oppisite, with the change from carbs to injection.  So if you can find a carbed Delta turbo the layout will be the same as in the 131.

Another benefit of the "old" carbed delta turbo is the exhaust manifold, other than the later manifolds, it places the turbo between cylinder 2 and 3, not under cylinder 4 (or #1, if you use the manifold on a conventional TC engine). This might come in handy when fittig it in a 131.

Gerald
theredx19
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 03:02:39 PM »

You will need to machine the crank to take the spiggot bearing but a good 2 litre will be just as powerful as the 1600 turbo Smiley
krishtiano

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 08:48:09 AM »

Is there any bolt on turbo for 1600 single cam?

Hunting my country for a sport!
Malaysia
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.