Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:40:49 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  2 door 131
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 door 131  (Read 5189 times)
david

« on: January 25, 2010, 06:02:40 PM »

Go to  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R6GlA20kyU  and look for 2 door 131
sid131

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 10:07:48 PM »

David how the hell did you find that??
david

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 10:14:21 PM »

was bored and was looking at old public information films on you tube and it was there......
sid131

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 10:19:44 PM »

youtube ie addictive next thing you know its been hours since you started looking at it!
106usj

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 11:23:46 PM »

2 door with square head lights does not look right  Sad
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 09:06:25 PM »

Nothing wrong with a two door 131 having square lights. Just that at the moment everybody seems to want to chop the few remaining ones left up to make into Abarth replicas Roll Eyes

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 11:36:26 PM »

Gents,

Despite being an Abarth lover I very strongly support Mirafioriman.

Nothing wrong with replicas based on 2-door versions , but ...

Too many of them end up just a mess. Building a replica is a very demanding multi-year project which requires a lot time effort and plenty of funds. In many cases people who undertake such projects have no notion what they are up against and when they realize they go for short cuts, compromises, etc.

All this too often ends with an messed up (village style tuning) 2-door rather than a replica. A good original 2-door is turned into a piece of nothing. Total waste.

So I plead with all those who plan to convert an original 2 -door into an Abarth  replica : unless you know what you are doing and are willing to back it up with time effort, funds do not undertake such project or yo will end up with just messed up a good original 2-door ! Just  a glimpse of Walezy's and Enzo's project show how much commitment such project requires to have effect to be proud of.

Miro

PS for the benefit to those who think I have messed up a nice original 2-door and turned it into (better worse or ) replica let me tell you:   I did not . I bought an abandoned Abarth project from someone who started it and failed to finish.  The other 4 cars we used for parts were 4 door complete rust through, we ultimately junked after robbing the of all usable parts. The only other 2-door we robbed () from all usable parts) was a carshed (totaled) Walther Rohrl Racing. Ultimately I have ended up with three garages full of 131 parts sufficient to restore a nice "civilian" 2-door. I may still use them to do just that.  

In this sense I plead not guilty to be a part of the gang that robs the market from good 2-door fiat 131's and turns them into Abarth replicas.

PS.PS.: f I new how much time and effort it will cost me I would never have undertaken the project ... But since I did I decided to finish it right ...    

In fact I have I believe I salvaged a lot of parts from what was total piles of rusted junk and saved  an abandoned Abarth preventing a total waste of a good 2-door.  

M

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 08:48:05 PM by miro-1980 » Logged

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
sid131

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 09:11:06 AM »

well said miro
miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 08:50:10 PM »

Sid,

Thank  you !

See, we agree more often that it would look...  Grin Grin Grin

Miro 

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.