Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 01:18:08 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Spirit of 3MA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spirit of 3MA  (Read 7065 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: May 21, 2010, 07:26:56 PM »

Much has been said both at 3MA and since on the forum ...about what made 3MA10 so much fun - Certainly this event stood out over previous ones for the spirit of camaraderie and friendship that prevalied over everything we did. This was especially obvious in the very social evenings but as a 3MA attendee who needed help with some unexpected mechanical issues, I'll be forever grateful to Roland, Oliver and Kerstin for working on my car from 11.30pm on Sat night until 4am the next day replacing a broken centre exhaust section and attempting to sort out a dodgy alternator.

Full success was achieved with the former problem but we had to wait until Monday morning to be able to source a replacement regulator which cured the charging problem immediately. Despite this, the fix had been attempted on Saturday by fitting/removing alternators 5 times before having to call it a day....On Monday Ernst, Gerald and Marcel helped me to deal with the local Bosch service agent who fitted the regulator in 5 mins and the problem was solved. Here are the pictures of the guys burning the midnight oil on behalf of a 3MA attendee ...100s of kms from home!  Smiley

A thousand thanks again to all the helpers (including Theo for swapping batteries as an emergency measure) who ensured that the trip home was not on the back of a low loader!!  Wink

« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 11:37:24 AM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 02:34:40 PM »

Your car still looks good from every angle,  even underneath  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
stathe174

131 S

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 07:44:10 PM »

I wish I could be with you... Maybe I could have learned some tfricks from you.... Wink

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
eugene

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 07:57:16 PM »

Kev,if you had said to me your exhaust had broken,i could have welded it for you.My trade is a metal fabricator and cooded welder.So next 3MA at least you will know this Roll Eyes Cheesy Wink.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
LE612

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 08:15:07 PM »

Eugene,

there was nothing to weld. The breakdown was in the middle of the exhaust, on a tube with a lot of holes. Shure, by a lot of work, it may be possible, but, i think, it?s not be worth.
Another one, was by hand.  Wink Roland

Roland

Black Forest, Germany
eugene

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 08:21:50 PM »

You are correct Roland.My understanding was that it was the pipe had broken.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
LE612

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 08:26:52 PM »

You are correct Roland.My understanding was that it was the pipe had broken.Eugene

right, in this case, welding will be a good possibility, fit in a tube and ready.

Roland

Roland

Black Forest, Germany
eugene

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 08:41:46 PM »

When one is trying to keep up with Enzo,something has to let go Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.Eugene

theredx19
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 10:25:44 PM »

When one is trying to keep up with Enzo,something has to let go Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.Eugene

Ah Kev do you not remember Marty hurting his car overtaking Simons Abarth but sure 20 mins under the bonnet and on he went to redden the engine for another while  Grin Grin
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 02:15:09 AM »

I do indeed Dave - I think we've had mechanical issues on every 3MA so far but none have been catastrophic and all have been repairable on the event... thanks both to the simplicity and ease of repair of the 131 design as well as the expertise on tour...!  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
MarkoH

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 09:24:47 AM »

It really is somekind of a spirit of 3MA...

When we left from Finland I thought that it would be nice to meet some other 131 enthusiasts. What I never could not even imagine was that I really got some new friends... No - I am not drunk when I say that I really miss you  Cry and can not wait to meet you again at 3MA11.

The funny thing in my opinion is that when you are discussing with someone via e-mail or private messages, you build certain kind of picture of this person to your mind. It was really nice to meet you face to face and notice that this picture in mind was soooooooooo wrong. In positive way I mean.

I thought that Theo, Kev and Simon are guys aged something near 30 like I am. Well, it was a nice surprise to realize that actually they are (Sorry guys  Grin) old farts who just are interested in same things I am. The fact that you are actually rubgy fans instead of football was a surprise for me. Maybe Niko would survive even wearing his ManU shirt...  Grin

It was a pleasure to meet your family members as well. Simon's kids are just wonderful, send many greetings to them. All the nice ladies you guys have standing next to you: Best wishes for all of you. Just keep trying to understand us with our 131 fixation.  Wink Cheesy Wink

Albert has a red hair but he does not wear wooden shoes as I thought. Meeting Albert and his beautiful and very kind wife Ela was one of the high points I had in 3MA. And no - Albert did not win the quiz because he gave me a change to travel one day in his astonishing Volumetrico.  Wink Grin

Eugene: When my kids are professional F1 or rally drivers, you are going to be the head mechanic for them. I really owe you a big one. Your hands were covered with grease and blood just to keep my car running. I really do appreciate that. Thank you.

Jason is a real nice and funny guy I really enjoyed to discuss with. Hope to meet you soon again.

I have already sent some greetings to Ren? and his German team. What a great effort from you to put this kind of event together.

Always so happy Roland... You really are a "joy pill" as we say here in Finland. I am going to contact you very soon. Please send greetings from Finland to Kerstin.

Andy, Anita, Gerald, Jan, Marko (or Marco), Paul etc... To be 100% honest, I just can't remember all the names of the wonderful people I've met. I am really sorry about that but trust me;

It was a pleasure to meet every single one of you.

Greetings from the handsome and blond one 131 enthusiast with broken car far away from Finland.

Marko Hannula
Mynamaki, Finland

Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130 TC -86
Ford Sierra RS Cosworth -86
Pook y

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 07:06:13 PM »

Hi everybody, here I am Grin (finally)

Now I am sitting here, lots of words in my head, but hardly some in my fingers....

Miss you all!

Thanks for this wonderful experience!

I heard about the 3ma only few weeks ago, and most of you know how our history was, beeing able to join it in our own nice small "Krawallt?te" without any "Schnickschnack", our 131 sport.

I was very curious what was expecting us and my best wishes and hopes were more than fulfilled!

Many strangers with (up to then) strange cars....
a lot of landscape I already knew quite well
a language I had to get used to again

and I met a bunch of very nice, interesting, friendly, loveable, funny people
in noisy and FAAAAAAst cars (wondered how many could take place in ONE of them) and saw my daily environment with new eyes (and a handle above my seat Wink), and I enjoyed our sitins during evening very much, learning more about the people who I just met shortly before. Many interesting themes to talk about, and even more to laugh at!

A perfect organization of this event, lots of fun with driving in a convoi, and almost always eating (as long we weren`t driving)....fantastic days!

No special thanks to no one! Cool
Thank you all!!!!!!!

I hug you all and look forward to see you again as fast as possible
...new friends indeed!

Kerstin

kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 07:30:49 PM »

So that's who Pook Y is!!  Grin very nice posting K... Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 09:51:23 PM »

Nice to see that after 3MA2010 Laura (firstlady) is not the only girl at this forum. Welcome Kerstin, it was very nice to meet you and Roland! Grin. Even Ela registered now Cheesy

Markoh, no wooden shoes for me, but we are happy that you liked everything at 3MA. For us it was also great to meet you all!

We are looking forward  for 3MA11! If there is some interest we can do a pre3MA and then drive all together with the same boat to the "real"event Smiley

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.