Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 01:58:06 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 Abarth for sale J51131
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 Abarth for sale J51131  (Read 3207 times)
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« on: June 10, 2010, 06:45:02 PM »

You all must know this car for from jersey ,,Tim Parker-Garner he has done an article in the FMC .Parliamo
magazine and says at the end is up for sale  Smiley Smiley Smiley  
 He mentions he bought it from  a mr barry waterhouse who's company italtune who spec it up
 with uprated shockers and cams all for ?6000  Shocked Shocked Shocked .
   and acquired 3 kenya cars for spares  
 and after shortening the wheel base on the passenger side  on the 1998 jersey rally ,rebuilt it and finally
 finished in 2005 in its present livery  

« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 08:18:56 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 08:17:57 PM »

just edited ..

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 07:42:09 AM »

It's been for sale for ages Ja.

The trouble is that it is not what it seems - it's actually a Stradale, which I think may even have been red like mine when he initially bought the car, and it has been modified so much and with so many genuine Group 4 parts that it's neither a genuine Stradale nor a genuine Group 4, but somewhere in between. Cool

One thing's for certain tho, it is an Abarth 131 whichever way you look at it Grin Grin Grin

The last I knew (a year or so ago) he wanted ?50,000 Sterling for it. Is that still the case?

I had a long chat with Tim P-G at the Castle Combe Rally Day a couple of years ago. He's a really nice chap and knows his 131 inside out. He's great mates with Mick Wood - who owned a genuine Group 4 131 until recently, and it was the pair of them who purchased a container load of Kenya Safari 131 parts a few years ago. I wish I'd known cos I'd have loved to be in on that sort of deal Wink

I wish Tim well with the sale of his car. I only wish I could afford it  Cry

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
sid131

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 07:51:07 AM »

I read that Barry Waterhouse was a wizzard with any Italian motor, he has since passed on rip.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.