Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:15:56 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Mirafiori Price Data
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mirafiori Price Data  (Read 4882 times)
Rob 131

« on: July 30, 2010, 07:19:38 PM »

I know this may be a slightly difficult one and their is always a great deal of secrecy involved, but it would be a useful addtion to the site if we could post some selling prices for 131's. In addition to this maybe a section with members cars and approxiamte values together with pictures and descriptions.

Members views would be interesting

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 07:51:31 AM »

On the basis that 28 people have viewed this topic and no-one has posted a reply, I think you've sort of answered your own query Rob. Smiley There is certainly an element of secrecy when it comes to prices and some people might also think their car is worth more than the market currently dictates - it's very subjective.

The general topic of 131 prices and values has been the subject of many a thread on this site and many an hour has been spent in face-to-face discussion on the matter too. The simple truth is that values vary enormously between any given car and condition and originality is generally more important that mileage.

The global geographic location of a sale will also affect a value as will colour. If a car is painted in a non-factory colour it is less likely to sell quickly than one that is - as was recently proven with the slow sale of a blue 131 Sport, and even a colour change (say from silver to orange) may also affect the value.

Owners of any classic car are usually less inclined to publish the price they paid for their car as if/when they come to part with it potential purchasers may get wind of that original value and try to beat the new asking price down.

So, as regards values, who should do the valuation? The owner or an 'independant' valuer? The difficulty with the latter is that they generally have no idea what a Fiat 131 mirafiori is let alone what one is worth! However, at the risk of being shot down in flames  Roll Eyes I think that generally the following is true -

1) Most people looking for a 131 are looking for a Sport/Racing and would pay more for originality.

2) Twin Cam 131s generally fetch more money than either OHV or single OHC engined cars.

3) Two door cars generally fetch greater values than four door cars.

I hope that this posting helps Rob.

Cheers

Simon

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
chris131

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 09:53:42 AM »

I agree with everything that simon has said.

Only thing I would say, is that in my experience, I have 4 131's and one of them is an orange sport, and orange seems to be the colour that most people want, and is the colour that people seem to be prepared to pay the most money for.

So the orange boys seem to be on a winner.
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 10:13:17 AM »

Yes this theme is as old as the forum itself and probably older...! Wink

I also agree with Simon's findings...especially as he was (is?) an insurance valuer for 131s in the past!

I would add that Abarths are generally more valuable than other variants (  Wink ) and that 2 door Volumetricos do not seem to carry a price premium over Racings and that the 4 door Vx version can be had from anything from ?5 to ?10k. I would put Panoramas at the bottom of the scale alongside L/CLs. I've not seen enough Diesels for sale to be able to assess their worth on the open market.

The main variant that commands price discussion is of course the Sport/Racing model and again I agree that orange seems the most popular (not to Simon and I though) colour. I am totally in love with Alberts Grey/green car though, especially now that he has fitted "my" cloverleaf wheels to it!  Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 07:33:25 PM »

The market for Volumetrico's is extremely small, IF it is existant, true. You buy someting original and special but can find much more difficulties finding parts. A "normal"Racing is almost as fast and gives the same driving pleasure. Quite probably a tuned Racing even more!
I myself wanted to keep a little quite unknown part of Abarth history as a Volumetrico is a "real "Abarth and a Stradale is much more expensive.
I am interested if Volumetrico's will get higher in price in the future as "normal"Racings. But it looks like also with normal Racings that asking prices get higher. Not too many cars come up for sale and there is a small enthusiasts market. I only wonder how much people pay in reality. For sure not the sometimes mentioned 15K for a Racing!
Super are still relatively cheap in my opinion.

And a nice picture for Kevin! Wink

* Fiat 131 Super en Racing Volumetrico 009.JPG (148.42 KB, 640x480 - viewed 645 times.)

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
MarkoH

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 11:58:42 AM »

Here in Finland FIAT is not very reputable (read: valuable) car. I've bought three 131 Racing's in last three years.

First one I bought in 2007 is a very rusty one. All the Racing "bits" are there so the car is quite complete. The rust is only problem. This car cost me 1600 EUR.

Second and third one I bought in same package. The orange one is not rusty and the silver one was in quite a good condition. Both cars together cost me 5000 EUR. I think that the value of the silver one is 4000 EUR of this total 5000 EUR. The orange one is missing quite a lot of Racing bits and although it is not rusty, it has to be totally rebuilt.

I have spent whole a lot of money and time to my silver one. After 700 hours and 6000 EUR spent I am asking 13850 EUR. This is way too much here in Finland. I think that 8000 EUR is the highest price I can get from it here in Finland.

Well - I am not busy. I managed to rent a huge warehouse (space for at least 25 cars) and I am going to keep her there for a while.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 12:01:25 PM by MarkoH » Logged

Marko Hannula
Mynamaki, Finland

Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130 TC -86
Ford Sierra RS Cosworth -86
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 07:15:08 PM »

Good decision Markoh!! Keep and enjoy it for a while. Are you planning to buy some cars to fill all those storage?

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.