Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:48:10 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Fuel Prices
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuel Prices  (Read 3470 times)
carcodger

« on: April 07, 2011, 08:31:16 AM »

As the issue of fuel prices weighs on motorists minds we recently ran an article at carcodgers.com that takes a rather different look at this subject. It provides an insight into what has really been driving the price of oil since a very significant event in 1971. If you want an alternative to mainstream analysis on this vital subject then checkout our thoughts:

http://www.carcodgers.com/3/archives/03-2011/1.html

We also posted some suggestions for saving fuel today in our latest review:

http://www.carcodgers.com/3/archives/04-2011/1.html

djape1977

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 12:43:46 AM »

very well explained story of oil prices and completely true.

by the way, what's the current cost of installing an LPG unit in UK and what's the cost of LPG?

get a bigger hammer!
carcodger

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 04:27:13 AM »

Would not know the costs and logistics of LPG in the U.K. - been too long in New Zealand! However, NZ was relatively big into LPG at one stage, particularly in light of the oil crisis in the 1970s.

We recently added some tips on fuel saving at carcodgers.com but made the point that any radical action - like changing your car - really needs careful financial scrutiny. The critical issue is, of course, saving money overall and not just on the fuel. This is especially the case if you wind up with a car you don't enjoy driving so much.

http://www.carcodgers.com/3/archives/04-2011/1.html

Incidentally, on the subject of fuel can anyone offer advice as to the optimum regime for the carcodgers 131? We have 95 and 98 octane unleaded over here with upper cylinder additive available if required. Seemed to survive for 32 years in the wee town of Milton ok but it would be nice to do the very best thing by the old girl!

djape1977

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 07:19:50 AM »

sorry, i saw you are in NZ but this beeing a UK forum i was asking a general question, not specifically aimed at you.

it doesn't really matter what petrol you feed your 131. they seem to gobble up everything. no issues with valves or selfdetonation. engine head is alloy so no aditives needed and engines are low compression so even with 88octane they work fine.

get a bigger hammer!
Rob 131

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 09:26:56 AM »

The Fuel Prices in the UK / Europe are no joke  Angry Sad Shocked Huh

I have just filled up the 5 Series in the Emirates close to the border in Saudi and the tank had a range of 10km, and it was under ?20  Grin. I remember coming off the ferry in Portsmouth in 2008 and filling my then Diesel 5 series and it cost ?95 Shocked. I was shocked last year in Italy when it cost Euro 60 to fill a Punto Hire Car. I had taken low fuel prices for granted, it seemed such a waste  Cry

Outside of Mirafiori's Economical Diesel Cars are the way to go in the UK / Europe.

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.