Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 10:01:27 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Club Stickers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Club Stickers  (Read 8332 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: October 13, 2007, 10:43:24 AM »

Hi all

In connection with Greek Mirafiori's suggestion and following on from the stickers commissioned by Mark for 3MA in 2007 the following drafts have been made up for consideration. Opinions welcome.

The first one is a copy of the 3MA Sticker but updated for 2008. These will available at 3MA08.

The next one is a club sticker for Fiat 131 owners - I really like this one and I'm finding out more info about materials as there are some options - I'm going to assume that if there is some interest that a style similar to how dealer stickers are made up (reverse print for interior sticking) is what most people would want.

The last one is a simple banner advertising the website. I have asked for Fiat laurel wreaths at each end and some choices on colour - White and Orange at this stage although I dont know if multiple colours adds to the cost. I'll let you know in due course. I've also asked if the font used at the top of each of the site screens can be copied. Anyway dont keep your thoughts to yourselves - Please let me know what the interest is in the second two stickers so that I can try to guage demand.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 10:54:20 AM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 10:58:33 AM »

Brilliant Kev,

I do have a few comments though.

For the 3MA07 sticker we had 'Killarney' and not Ireland. Perhaps we should also put 'Loch Fyne' instead of Scotland.

The 131 mirafioris Owners Club sticker is excellent and I feel should stay as it is (especially as my Abarth is virtually the same colour Wink). I would favour reverse printed to stick inside the car.

I favour the www.131mirafiori.com sticker but don't like the 'a' and 'o' being filled in in grey. Can these be clear? I'm not sure how well white text would work but I assume 'orange' is for the 'Orange Boys'? If you are going to arrange the production of one colour I think that black would show up best and not 'clash' with other 131 colours. (Orange text on a green car would not too good IMHO Shocked)

Brilliant work though Kev, and I'm sure whatever we decide I'll have at least one in every 131!

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 11:07:30 AM »

Tnx Si - Ya I mulled over "Scotland" or "Inverary/Loch Fyne" - Not sure what is best - As we plan to go international maybe the place and country is best but might be too long. I went with Scotland in the end cos the selected location is probably less well known than Killarney (might be an incorrect assumption).

Didnt spot the grey circles so will pick this up with the printer.

On the colour for the website banner white should blend in with any car colour (think black will disappear in most light) and yes Orange is for the "Orangeboyz" of which I am becoming a proud member - The colour does grow on you especially when it is fresh and unfaded - And it's likely to be the most common colour in Scotland - I estimate that we could have 7 orange 131s next year!!!! Sunglasses time!!? Cheesy

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 11:15:14 AM »

[Two replies posted while I was writing this so some of my comments are repeats of what's already said]

So it seems Scotland is definitely on then; better sort out the details...

Don't mean to be pedantic (although I usually am)  but last year's 3ma sticker didn't say "Ireland" so this year's sticker should say "Inveraray" which is most likely to be our base for 3ma-08. Having said that, the static display is likely not to be in Inveraray so having the generalisation of "Scotland" on the sticker would be appropriate.

I am not sure about the "Owner's club" sticker. The red is wrong (should be the darker red as on the Fiat Laurel badges), it's not symmetrical with a round edge on the left and a squared-off edge on the right (will look odd on a car), the 'pencil' drawing of the 131 looks odd and the website address seems like an afterthought. Sorry!

I don't like the website address sticker much either; I think having the address just once is sufficient.

I am obviously very biased (as I created it in the first place) but I would still like the website 'logo' as a sticker in my 131's window.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 11:18:52 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 11:28:53 AM »

Hi Theo - Great feedback thanks ...

Yes it looks like Scotland  Smiley - I've sent you a separate mail about the hotel.

On the website I thought the printer was giving us 3 styles to choose from rather than suggesting a triple entry so I'll check on that. As I said I have asked to copy the website font but not the entire logo - The logo is fantastic ...for a website...just wonder how well it would work on a car - My idea of the purpose of the website sticker is to publicise the site and keeping the visuals simple probably helps when the image may be moving when many people see it. Let's see what the next version looks like and take it from there.

I'll also feedback your comments on the club sticker - Personally I like the different end shapes - It's different!

Keep the comments coming though - Good & not so good!? Wink

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 11:32:52 AM »

I like the website logo and the middle one in your first posts looks great too. As Simon said I prefer reverse printed for inside window application.

I would still like some of those World Rally Champion ones though!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 12:10:09 PM by mirafioriman » Logged

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 11:49:25 AM »

Here's the "Club" sticker with 'see through' backing. The different shape sides look odd to me and I think will look odd in a 'square' car like the 131.

* clubsticker.gif (38.67 KB, 640x211 - viewed 869 times.)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 11:52:42 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
effe131

Fiat 131 Supermirafiori 1.3 Tc 1983

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 06:12:12 PM »

hello, beautifulst the idea of the adhesive one of the club, also why the possessory ones and get passionate to it to you of mythical Fiat 131 can therefore apply it on their car, I personally have made a modification it that he consists in the two line under and over written Fiat, the background color I would have to be to seeming mine leggermente darker I enclose my modification hello to all you I get passionate you of mythical the 131 salutes michele Turin, city of Fiat 131 Wink

* clubsticker.gif (23.47 KB, 652x215 - viewed 890 times.)

greek mirafiori

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 07:04:36 PM »

As I have put to my car the "www.131mirafiori.com" (look the photo above) I am going to put the second sticker you propose....the fiat 131 owner's club... Really good. Nice sticker.. Congratulations.

* DSC00259.JPG (54.99 KB, 640x480 - viewed 821 times.)

* DSC00261.JPG (66.71 KB, 640x480 - viewed 824 times.)

P. Katsivas-Fiat 131 Mirafiori CL, 1.6 ,Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 95 hp 'Racing' owner
Kalamata, Hellas.
Andy c

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 08:03:11 PM »

For what its worth i feel instead of Scotland on the sticker it should say Inveraray after all it makes a good talking point when your asked at shows etc where is that and whats 3ma about,and the fact that this years said Killarney and not Ireland.

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
markwilliams131

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 09:43:02 PM »

hi guys mark131 here 
i like the club stickers but how about do half the stickers
with 131 abarth car on it and the other with a standered
131 sport on it and give everybody a choise
also i gave the last few 131 world rally stickers for the back window
that i had 2  some of the 3mars
however i will have a new bach in the next weak
so if anybody is intrested let me no
10 euro inc post

131 sport x 4  lancia beta volumex coupe rover sd1 vitesse mini 1275gt
mk2 golf gti  1.9 205 gti   opel omega mv6     alfa 156
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.