Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 07:57:13 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Police
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Police  (Read 6287 times)
mirafiori76

« on: February 17, 2013, 07:20:35 PM »

This evening i had a collission with another car. I make my living driving a lorry. As i made a right turn at a cross section with traffic lights the car left of me took the turn to narrow and hit my lorry. Some damage to my tractor and his VW Golf.

Now here is the point. We both were alright but he wanted the police to come. After a phonecall by me inside the cabin of my rig, i was informed they wouldn't come fur such a thing.
Now we, that's people here in Holland, complain for years that the police is doing nothing else as sitting in their black Audi's and dark blue VW Golfs behind their little camera's sneaking up from behind a take pictures from your car doing 3 km's too fast.

Years ago my neighbour hit my Panorama. I had a lot of damage and paint from his red car was on mine and the black from my front bumper was on his car. But he denied hitting my car. The proof was obvious but the police didn't do a thing...

Now these are two examples. And i can sum up some more incidents. As you lot probably can understand, i'm not too fond of the police.

How is this in other countries, i wonder?

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
TOAD

Green Eye Motorsport - Home Of The Toad

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 09:24:24 PM »

Same in the Uk,   car slid onto my side of the road and then claimed it was my fault, his black tire marks started on his side and indeed in the front of my car, not a 131 so it didn't matter.  The police refused to come until on a phone back, they were if they refused to attend some one would get hurt if they weren't already.  Grin

I can't remember how it turned out, just that his Mini died and I pumped up the Citroen and drive home HaHa   W  K  R Angry

Video of Big Toad Build up.   www.youtube.co.uk/evotoad
rallydiego

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 09:18:43 AM »

Same in Belgium. Police won't attend unless there are wounded people involved. So, when in Belgium, always complain about some pain, in the head or the neck, and phone an Ambulance.

If you do this, the police is obligated to attend and make up the necessary papers for the insurance.  Grin Grin

It can take a while because these guys are payed to do nothing at all but make our lives miserable. Angry as in all countries I suppose  Cheesy

My name is Dirk. Cars: '81 Fiat 131 racing,'02 + '04 Multipla 1.9 JTD, '99 Barchetta, '19 Fiat Tipo SW, 2018 jeep Cherokee 2.2 jtd , '02 lancia Lybra 1.9 JTD, '06 Fiat Panda.
CkRacing

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 10:10:55 AM »

Tell the cops you think you can smell alcohol on the breath of the other guy & then they have to come as drinking & driving is a serious offence! Wink Wink
mirafiori76

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 10:21:40 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy This was a guy from Maroc or Turkey and they don't drink alcohol... Do they?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:56:53 AM by mirafiori76 » Logged

Walker

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 07:40:31 PM »

Here in the U.S. at least in Califronia, you call the police and they come. The problem is most people don't want to call the police because if they come they have to make a report and even for a minor accident that then is sent to your insurance company. Whether it is your fault or not your insurance rates will go up. If you complain of a injury and a rescue unit is sent out you would be sent a bill for that and they are very pricey, usually a $1,000. And to make matters worst the insurance usually will not pay.
106usj

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 08:46:07 PM »

Cops up my way are so bored half the time if you called them they would be there in a flash with horns and lights.
This would be the highlight of their day if it was a week day, only time they are busy is the weekend.
stathe174

131 S

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 09:59:21 PM »

Well here in Greece they are comming but after 2 hours...
Usually first come the aid from the insurance company which takes the pictures and take care of all the paperwork amd if you still want to wait grab yourself a coffe and sit along your dammaged car... Cheesy

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
mirafiori76

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 10:37:32 PM »

So, we can all agree...cops are no good for anything but writing us tickets  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Here is another story, just for fun. After my first 131 Racing i got myself a 127 1050 L Mark 2. It was this terrible green, but it was a solid car with low milage. I started cranking it up a little and gave it the 131 Abarth 1980 looks. You know, the white and three colours blue. Now, that was a good idea. Cheesy Dropped the front, added some spoilers and some very wide wheels and extra lights to the front. It was this little rallycar.
D**n, how many times i got stopped by the blue hats...
Sir, don't you have a problem with the front wheels touching the fenders?
No mister policeman, i don't.
And if you drive thrue a ditch?
No sir, not even when i drive thrue a ditch.
And when you drive hard thrue a ditch?
I don't ever drive hard thrue a ditch...
 Cheesy Now, that's stupid, isn't it? Go find yourself some bad guys...pffff  Tongue

mirafiori76

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 10:53:55 PM »

Here is another fun story for you all. Let's make this topic a funny one:

I was driving my orange, Racing looks, Panorama. I had myself 8 large bears after a fun evening with a friend. We dined with lots of garlick and that probably saved me in the end  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  I wasn't supposed to drive at the moment, but it happened.
Anyway, i passed a policecar wich drove me by on the opposite of the road. I phoned my friend because i forget some keys. He said it would be alright, so i turned my car and drove back. And for sure, there was this police car and i had to stop. The things that go through your head when you had 8 large bears finished.
I had to walk the straight line, i had to blow, i had to answer the questions...the whole drill.
Luckely i blew the P, which means "that it was okay.... Yes, i was lucky. I got another few questions to answer why i drove one way and then turned  Huh
I explained why but i had a question for both blue hats in return: why oh why did they stop me? It seemed they only wanted to check out my car because it was such a rare one and it looked so nice... Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
Now, that's nice to hear, isn't it?

stathe174

131 S

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 12:35:05 PM »

Not if you 're drunk and they find out about it though  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.