Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:59:27 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  The engine of the future?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The engine of the future?  (Read 4434 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: July 16, 2014, 02:01:11 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c19kn3drdFU

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 03:46:49 PM »

Very interesting Theo. I wonder whether it will ever catch on or, if like the Wankel Rotary engine, only a few manufacturers take it on. I think most manufacturers are favouring petrol/electric hybrid units, or straight electric powerplants over any development of the Internal Combustion Engine.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 06:54:11 PM »

Still doesn't solve the problem of lack of petrol which will be a future problem or the environmental side. All this talk of electric cars saving the planet is of course rubbish too as you have to generate the electricity and at the moment there isn't an environmentally sound way of doing it or one that people will accept.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 08:02:01 PM »

Still doesn't solve the problem of lack of petrol which will be a future problem or the environmental side. All this talk of electric cars saving the planet is of course rubbish too as you have to generate the electricity and at the moment there isn't an environmentally sound way of doing it or one that people will accept.

i quite agree  Wink

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
POQ 131

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 09:28:49 PM »

It is a 2 stroke.
My experience with 2 strokes is more power strokes, better response, power bands, hard revving, juice drinking, loud & smokey. If it goes hard then it will get driven hard & there goes the fuel economy.
The lubrication system is not shown on the vid. I wonder how that works.
Lets see, but for now I see no real future. Manufacturers are a conservative mob, as is the customer base,
O.

O.
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 02:58:36 AM »

Interesting to see some lateral  thinking coming up with a new solution but I agree that manufacturers and customers in the main take a lot to shift their thinking and that's before any lobby groups start working against it.

You have to admire the level of investment that seems to be going into it though...when you consider it could be years away from significant take up rates and therefore investment returns....

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.