Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:44:48 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Update on progress
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update on progress  (Read 4000 times)
Che

« on: August 11, 2015, 07:50:26 PM »

As things have been a bit quite on here, but there have been a few new meme era, thought I'd post an update on progress with my Super

Jobs done:
Full set of new belts
Silicone hoses all fitted
New brakes: calipers, discs, pads, pipes, master cylinder
Fully re-bushed
New K&N fitted (kept the original filter), sounds awesome!

Of course all this includes full change of all fluids as well Smiley

Next jobs will include new seatbelts and stems, change central console (where the electric window switches fit), update all the stereo wiring and speakers

Beyond that am saving the pennies for the body shop over the winter to bring it all up to scratch. Also have a local fabricator looking at front and rear strut braces. Have tracked down some sets of NOS Koni adjustables for the front in the U.S., so will be collecting those when I'm over in October.

Quick question. The plastic trim on my series 3 is badly painted, underneath is the same faded grey as Jason's, was it available proper black when new?

As I say, just an update as the forum seems a bit quite over the summer and thought you'd all appreciate something to read or comment on. Will be giving the engine bay a good wash and detail in the coming weeks so will post up some pictures as I do.

A huge thank you to Yagmur, it's always like Christmas when his parcels arrive Smiley. Also Nick (you know who you are), and Emanuelle, looking forward to the 14" Clover leaves arriving Smiley. And must not forget Chris (Strada) for the panel I thought I couldn't find!

Who says the 4 doors aren't fun! Smiley

'Salesmen are today's great communicators. They are out there pushing cars, real estate, advertising.
 That is where the real morality is played out in society today.'
 Jeff Koons. b.1955
c.a.c131

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 08:33:24 AM »

The bumpers are grey on S3 Super's, on early S3 Super (S3 Super's with velour seats) they where a bit darker then the later ones Smiley

Did the window switch panel I sent you work out OK ? Huh

1980 Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport/Racing, 1981 Fiat 131 S2 Supermirafiori Panorama 1600/TC.
Che

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 05:09:18 PM »

The bumpers are grey on S3 Super's, on early S3 Super (S3 Super's with velour seats) they where a bit darker then the later ones Smiley

Did the window switch panel I sent you work out OK ? Huh

Sorry to have left you off the thanks list! Yes, switch panel was a perfect fit, many, many thanks Smiley

Interesting to note the bumpers were Grey, looks cheap, mind you painted isn't much better. I'll look into staining maybe Smiley

'Salesmen are today's great communicators. They are out there pushing cars, real estate, advertising.
 Jeff Koons. b.1955
c.a.c131

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 06:01:14 PM »

That's great the panel work out OK Smiley don't worry I didn't Cry to much about been left out Grin

Black bumpers look terrible on a S3 Super Sad the S3 Super's in the photo see how much darker the bumpers are on the White 1981 built S3 then the silver 1982 built one ?

1980 Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport/Racing, 1981 Fiat 131 S2 Supermirafiori Panorama 1600/TC.
Che

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 09:15:32 PM »

I've only just started stripping of the black, and the bumpers are a hell of a lot lighter than those on the white car, which look like the ideal colour. Hey are a very washed out Grey, who hi guess is why they painted them.

Jeff Koons. b.1955
c.a.c131

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 10:46:56 PM »

effe131 on the forum painted his bumpers & trims in a graphite grey & they look very nice.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.