Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:02:30 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  London Classic Motor Show - Alexandra Palace
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: London Classic Motor Show - Alexandra Palace  (Read 7282 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: February 23, 2007, 08:58:20 PM »

The 2007 London Classic Motor Show will be held at  Alexandra Palace, North London, on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th February.

I have it on good authority that the Fiat Motor Club (GB) will have a 131 on their stand. The reason I know this is because it's my 131 Sport   Grin Cheesy and I dropped off the car at Alexandra Palace on my way home from the office this evening:

If any Londoners are going to the show, come round to the Fiat Motor Club (GB) stand and say hello.  Cool

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Andy c

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 10:04:42 PM »

just seen about the show will try to get there and say hello
Andy

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 09:17:33 PM »

Well how did the show go Theo?

Nice collection of cars there - Was yours the only 131?

That 127 Sport looks clean and tidy.

I never thought I'd say this,.... but that group of Fiats looks like it could do with an orange car in the middle for a bit of contrast!? Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 09:57:58 PM »

The show at Alexandra Palace was good but seemed much smaller than other years. Maybe it was just my mistaken impression but this year the show returned to Greenwoods for organisation so I think they decided to go smaller.

The FMC stand was overcrowded with four 500s (including the "Gondola" kit car), two 127s, a Panda Sisley, a Tipo Sedicivalvole and my 131.  Too many cars and no space left for anything else or even the people to have a good look around the cars. It resembled a used car lot.  One 500 and the Gondola were bright yellow so they would have offered the contrast you wanted but they were parked next to each other.

The 127 Sport was very nice but I was disappointed to see that it was for sale. The owner spent years restoring it, got it back on the road a month ago and already he is selling it. I don't understand that... Mind you, at ?7495 it's not going to sell today or tomorrow. It's advertised on the FMC forum here (127 Sport).

Below are some more photos taken today with a better camera.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 01:06:31 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 10:20:04 PM »

Agree - Enjoy the 127 for heavens sake!? Roll Eyes

Do you have any photos? It should be nice for that money!? Shocked

That last car reminds me of Luigi (reg no) from Cars (the Disney movie). Have you seen it yet? - OK it's a kids movie but I loved every second of it and as a car mad nutter since I was 2, it personified everything I've felt about cars, ie that they all have faces and personalities!? Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

In case you havnt seen it one of the cars is a Fiat 500 called Luigi (an Italian gent) who runs a tyre business and dreams of replacing tyres on a Ferrarai - And right at the end Mr M Schumacher arrives in town as a F360 (I think) and needs ...new tyres!? Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 10:30:17 PM »

Yes I've seen Cars (the movie) and like you, I enjoyed it immensely  Grin Obviously we are both still kids at heart  Cheesy

I don't have any descent photos of the 127 Sport as it had the bonnet up most of the time  but I can confirm that it was in superb condition inside and out. It had part of the interior re trimmed professionally and it was a complete nut and bolt rebuild. Even the "127 Sport" decals on the front wings were custom made to match the originals which are no longer available. Except for a couple of little marks on the front bumper where spotlights might have been fitted in the past, I didn't see anything wrong with the car.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.