Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:54:54 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Who owns this car?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who owns this car?  (Read 5927 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: February 25, 2007, 10:36:50 PM »

I've seen a? few photos of this car from various shows and think the owner has done a fab job of creating a unique 131. OK, so it's not original but it's excatly what I would have done with this car, ie ditch the door protectors and add the Sport grill, lights and arches. I also believe that it is a Volumetrico and although not the standard wheels, they do suit it well contrasting nicely with the bright silver on the body.? Cool

Does anyone know who/where the owner is?

I'd like to get more details of the car...and it would be a great car to have at 3MA (seeing as we dont yet have any confirmed Supers or Vxs!!)? Cry

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 01:26:24 PM »

This time I agree with you Kevin, the car looks absolutely lovely! I would be proud to own such a car and wouldn't care one bit that it's not 100% original. I am not a stickler for originality as you'd probably guess from my car  Cool I would second your comments on the owner/creator of this car.

I think this is the car that was at Gaydon for the Auto-Italia event last year. If it is the same car, below is a photo of its engine bay but very strangely for me I don't seem to have any photos of the actual car  Huh

* P1010374s.JPG (253.87 KB, 800x600 - viewed 5793 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 02:47:53 PM »

Yes Theo, this is the car that was at Gaydon.

Sorry, not to my taste guys. Lips Sealed

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 01:23:57 PM »

The car in the photo below was at Gaydon for the Fiat Spectacular in 2003. It was then owned (probably still is) by the guy standing at the back in the dark shirt. I spoke to him a lot on the day but I am sorry to say that my senility has ensured I can't remember his name.  Undecided  He was very enthusiastic about his 131 which was very well kept and maintained. It had an excellent custom made exhaust system as well as twin 45s which had a wonderful sound as I remember. Does anyone know if the car and owner are still around and if they will be joining us for the 3MA?  Huh

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
wayne67

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 02:20:15 AM »

Hi Theo, this is my first attempt at putting anything on here, my name is wayne and I live in leicester. I am in the middle of restoring my sport(will try and get some pic`s on) the guy who owns the white sport is Ian, he still has the car and it is still in excellent condition.
     I have (fogive me!) recently broken a sport (it was bad) and Ian bought a couple of bits from me.
   Congratulations on a cool site and as I said I hope to get some pictures of my sports past and present on shortly,
     Regards WAYNE.
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 07:57:09 PM »

Grin yes!!!!!! i loved this car to, all the italain guys in that corner
of the car park,were they from middle barton
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jasonhodgkinson2/detail?.dir=a0a1&.dnm=2fe6re2.jpg&.src=ph
i took a few pics at the gaydon meet, but unlike wayne couldn;t
wait till the end to get a clear shot.
jason Grin

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.