Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:41:06 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Bobby's 131 Collection
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bobby's 131 Collection  (Read 4588 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: March 06, 2007, 05:36:40 PM »

This is a selection of photos of some of the 131s in Bobby's present and past collection. I'll leave it to Bobby to add the history and detail of each car...and maybe we'll get to hear about the one that might come to 3MA!? Grin Grin Grin

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be the silver one so that we have a full house of factory Sport colours!  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Sev131

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 11:32:45 PM »

Hello to all.

Like to start off by saying what a fantastic site this is.
Well done to all who participated in what I wanted!

Thanks to Kev for the photo uploads.

As said some of the of the mirafiori's in the pics are no longer with us.

EUL: The lime green one is alive and has been sitting in my dads garage. I removed the rollcage as I decided that I wanted a normal interior and it was to good to be used for hilclimbs/ralling. It currently has a mint red/orange sport interior in it as I couldn't find a decent blackone at the time.

It runs on dellorto 45's with a janspeed manifold and system. Cut road springs which are to be replaced with proper ones as soon as I find some. Generally the body is excellent and solid. I started working on this car with the intention to use it for a while before she was going to be stripped and restored using orange as the colour, and then Nae: my Silver sport was purchased.

NAE: I purchased this car from a chap who was farely local. After viewing it a couple of months earlier, I decided that if it was still for sale, i'm going to have it.
After all, it was an ex Wayne Hickman car and i'd known the history.

She runs on twin 40's with a Janspeed man/system and Integrale 8v alloy wheels.

The body was good but the mechanics were another story. I'd arranged to view the car again and off I went one sunday morning.

I met the owner who apparently had just returned from a Classic car show and had lost the gears whilst driving round a roundabout. He suspected that the release arm for the thrust bearing had broken. Cut a long story short, a deal was made and I was the new owner.
I drove the car 35miles back engaging gears at times with out the clutch and badly tuned carbs (Try doing that in a modern car) There was serious vibration and rummbles from the gearbox area, but I knew i'd get home and I had a number of spares if need be. I got home, told my Dad what i'd done and had a beer to toast another one to the collection. Mum and wife were not happy!!

The next evening we'd jacked her up and had a look, missing/broken gearbox bellhousing bolts. Gearbox was adrift by about an inch and rotated anticlockwise by about inch. I thought to my self- How did I get home!

Someone had removed the box and had took out the metal/gasket type plate as well as the locating dowells on refitting. I managed to borrow a few bolts from the 1600tc engine and managed to fit one top bolt and one bottom. The other two were broken in the block. A road test was carried out to check driveability and all was ok. I couldn't see these bolts breaking on a roundabout or recent.

I used the car to few show's as she was, but decided to take her off the road to rectify the bellhousing bolt problem and rumbling from the gearbox area under acceleration. She doesnt sound right. I also planned for a general overhaul/restoration project.

The car is currently running but on sorn. No work has yet been carried out yet. I have been persuaded by Kev to attend the 3ma but still need a couple of days to plan due to wedding anniversary, work commitments and car prob's ( KEV, I WILL TRY MY BEST)

BGP: The Black Sport was a present from my Dad for my 18th b'day. Twin 40's, K&N alloys, painted the engine and bought a brand new janspeed sysem with my savings! Partially restored and driven with pleasure untill Croma Turbo arrived.

This car has know been scrapped apparently.

LAW: Mirafiori CL bought from the auction with 57k on the clock for ?90

Whilst the Black sport was off road for the winter, I decided to run this gem. Sport bumpers and wheels went on as well as a Richard Grant front spoiler.
This car drove beautiful untill I lost the back end and wrote her off!
Stripped for spares as back axle was the same as Sport ratio and sent engine/box and bare body for scrap.

Thanks for reading and sorry if I bored you!
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 11:52:28 PM »

We never get bored reading 131 stories Sev!  Cheesy

So, if we see you at the 3MA (and we hope we will) it will be either in the Lime Green EUL or the Silver NAE but most likely the silver?  Huh

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Sev131

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 11:58:06 PM »

Hi Theo,

Most likely be the silver one.

I've only driven the Lime green one from Potters Bar to my Dads garage about 3 years ago. Will need a fare bit of work to get ready in time.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.