Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 06:58:54 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Too many Abarth replicas!?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Too many Abarth replicas!?  (Read 5248 times)
mirafioriman

My next project......

« on: July 12, 2008, 09:12:45 AM »

I don't have this problem as I don't currently own any 2 door 131s, but there seems to be (to me at least) far too many people going down the Abarth replica route. It is obviously good for Walzy as he can sell the kits he makes (and its great he makes them), however does anyone else think its a shame that so many rare sports are being modified in this way?

This is intended to start a debate only! I'm not having a go any anyone is has/is/was thinking of building an Abarth replica!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Walezy

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 11:41:11 AM »

Smiley For me as a user of such car is a good thing as I am able to use it in rallies without beeing afraid to damage a precious original abarth car. I am not afraid that much to damage the body of the car. The other thing is that I am not able to afford original car at the moment so this is a cheaper(but still ot that cheap) version of such car. It would be possible to build a 100% replica of abarth car but sometimes it makes no sense as originals have been built 30 years ago and some of the features are just old and more modern solutions are available(for example electronic controlled fuel injection and ignition).
Replicas are still very rare so maybe it is not that big problem. I know a person that has original group 4 car and he is considering of making a replica just to have the other car for rallies.
That is my 5p Smiley

sid131

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 11:47:05 AM »

well i am going the standard route with my restoration project because its what i had all those years ago a sport not a replica! so if everyone does replicas the sport will become even rarer so happy days keep the replicas going on!! lol.
gerafiori
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 08:45:37 PM »

has to be a replica for me, gives it a more agresive look
and puts a stop to folk asking, whats that a lada? Grin Grin Grin

« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 08:47:23 PM by gerafiori » Logged
f1lmm

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 08:52:30 PM »

well i am going the standard route with my restoration project because its what i had all those years ago a sport not a replica! so if everyone does replicas the sport will become even rarer so happy days keep the replicas going on!! lol.

hi sid i have spare's,2 131 original pair of front wings,AND A PAIR OF 2 DOOR, 131 SILL'S AND 4 DOOR SILLS,AND....132 PAIR OF WINGS,850 COUPE WINGS,127 SPARES,128 SPARES,125 SPARES,124 SPARES,126 SPARES,IF ANYONE ELSE,NEED ANY PARTS LET ME KNOW BEFORE THEY GO ON E-BAY TOMORROW 07837158816
chris131

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 08:40:49 AM »

Back to the replica's question.

Yes I believe that a 131 sport should be kept standard where possible. Although given the availabilty of new parts, espically rear quarter panels etc, restoring a rotten sport back to an original is usually very difficult and sometimes nearly impossible.

Therefore it is much easier to strip it back to the bare shell and refit the abarth kit which is readily available. And I feel that by doing that it keeps another 131 on the road and saves it from the crusher which I would prefer  Grin

Also given that only 400 abarths were made and the price of them?? It also gives people who want to own an abarth a cheaper alternative.
mick131

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 05:40:41 PM »

it keeps another 131 on the road and saves it from the crusher which I would prefer Grin

Also given that only 400 abarths were made and the price of them?? It also gives people who want to own an abarth a cheaper alternative.

Quite agree...I don't own a Sport but if I did and had the panels to restore it then I would keep it standard.

The current project could have been restored to standard I suppose but I have always had a love of old rally cars and the 131 Abarth rally car was the first 131 I ever saw. That's what made me decide to go down the replica route.

Standard or modified...I love 'em all  Grin Grin Grin

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
sid131

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 06:18:30 PM »

Standard or modified...I love 'em all  Grin Grin Grin

well said Mick.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.