Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:06:06 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  BKR 840 T
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BKR 840 T  (Read 15704 times)
mrcachamb

Gone (back in the day) but never forgotten

« on: August 11, 2008, 08:39:29 PM »

Hi again, have rummaged thru some old pix of BKR 840T and come up with some more archive pics for you all to enjoy.
regards,
Chris.

this pic was taken in Belgium 1987 (about 100yds from the 'Atonium'.)

this pic was taken in 1986 (note tape holding bottom of door skin together...and other not so desirable cars in the background!)

this pic taken at german campsite in Boppard.

hope you like these, will keep searching for more....my wife is very afraid that I am trying to relive my youth...she really doesn't want me to sell our house to fund another Sport!!!!!!!!!!! Roll Eyes Cry

Loved my 131 Sport....wish i had one now!
gerafiori
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 09:16:17 PM »

the door looks a bit worse for wear but the rest of it is pretty good
anyway it would be easy look good in company of vauxhalls and a marina,
 Wink Cheesy
mclements131

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 10:04:01 PM »

real nice piccies Shocked were the white ones only for italy as we never saw white ones i like it Grin looks good in white never seen;one in that color! looks original too but were thay made in white from the factory Wink Cheesy Grin Smiley Huh Cool
mrcachamb

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 05:56:03 PM »

Smiley hi all, have been reading the forum avidly for a few years since my introduction, still love these cars!!
hope you like these pics i have just found of my old car (they were on an old computer)...don't think i uploaded these before, but here they are for you're enjoyment..keep up the brilliant work!
Chris, (Exeter)

i still absolutely love this car....shame its gone Cry

mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 06:34:55 PM »

Nice photos. I wish I had some of my Father's old Supermirafiori. From memory there was only one but I can't find it anywhere  Sad

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 06:52:43 PM »

Absolutely great pics - Love to see these. Particularly nice one in black & white!  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
daverwd

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 08:42:14 AM »

Like the black & white shot .. it's like a shot that could have come out of a fiat promotional catalogue Grin
Kevin don't EVER be tempted to go for that retro look & put tape on your door .. (HA HA)
Fiat 131 Abarth#2

Fiat 131 Abarth Gr.4

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 05:59:01 PM »

wow Chris,

on the pictures we can see that the 131 Sport was a very rusty car,
especially the doors.
The black white pic looks very impressive!
please more of them old pic's i like it.

Enzo  Wink

Enzo from Germany!
mrcachamb

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 08:22:52 PM »

yeah, it was pretty bad underneath! a mate of mine was handy with the welder which kept it in my ownership for 4 years of traumatic mot's.
Strangely the bonnet, wings, and bootlid were really good and never blistered which i found most unusual, but a stray rust scab appeared right in the centre of the roof...must've been that Russian steel Roll Eyes
The doors i got used from a breakers yard (from a car which had the front end burnt out), it was a Y reg and i was blown away to find a pair of good doors back then.
Initially they quoted me ?35 each, but that went up to ?95 each when they realised how costly they were in primer from the Fiat dealers.
I remembered going to the paint shop to collect it just after i had them both painted in (arancio racing) orange to match the rest of the car......bloody marvellous it was, looking in the vitaloni mirrors
and seeing beautiful shiny orange paint all the way down its sides!
I got a complete red interior and the gear lever out of that car too, i nearly killed myself taking out the gearlever as it came off and punched me in the throat winding me Grin
Glad the B&W pic is appreciated, i took it in Haldon forest nr Exeter in 1986 with the intention of a 'brochure type' pic...it came out rather well.
As for the 'box-tape' well thats another story hahahaa Wink
Shame i missed you all at the Kingsteignton 3MA, i had every intention of going but my passion for my v8 Landrover distracted me to Wales.
If my long sufferring wife (and my bank manager) could be a bit more understanding i would have a 131 again.....if i could find one....but for now i have a nice brochure collection, diecast, and Abarth book collection to keep my interest bubbling away!! (and of course this brilliant community of enthusiast's stories and pics to see too)
My favourite pic is of the Abarth 031 development car which is in a Bertone book that my mate got for my birthday in 1986!! it took me many years to finally find (an affordable 1/43 diecast of that beast!
Happy days  Smiley Smiley Smiley

mrcachamb

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 08:32:19 PM »

oops, tell a lie, i changed the bonnet and had that painted too Roll Eyes

Rob 131

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 06:23:07 AM »

Chris

Its great to see such cars within their heyday and being used as the main vehicle. Around 1987 you could pick up such 131's for around ?1,200 - ?1,500. I remember looking at them in Autotrader around this time and in October 1990 having just turned 18 buying my first and only 131 Sport. Great memories.

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
mrcachamb

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 05:41:16 PM »

hi Rob,
yeah aint that true, back in the day..1986/7 to be precise ( i was 21yrs old then and had gone from a 1000cc mini to my beloved Sport...wow) anyway,...i went to get a new thermostat from sidwell st motors in exeter (me and the parts guy had got to first name terms cos he loved my car as much as me and didnt see them often) then I ended up in the showroom drooling over an unregistered glossy black Strada Abarth that was WAY out of my reach, anyhow, as i stood there an elderly couple drove onto the forecourt outside in an A-reg 2litre supermirafiori, it was in an unattractive beigy brown colour and not as 'sporty looking as mine but my heart skipped a beat just seeing it..and as they came into the showroom to see the salesman i nipped out to look around it, it was absolutely mint looking with just 18,000miles on the odo! i had to have it,.....so, i nonchalantly slinked back inside to earwigging their conversation from the secure spot next to the Strada Abarth!..turned out they'd brought their old car in to part ex it for a newly reg'd Regatta (sad cos i thought that was a bad swop!).....so, after hanging around for what seemed like an eternity they drove off in their shiny new Regatta and the salesman came back inside. I immediately approached him and asked how much the Super was going to be sold for?...his reply was ?1600!!!!!!
Amazingly and ever since that day, depressingly, i couldn't afford it!!! I was truely gutted!!
I've been dying to tell this story on here for ages now, knew you'd all understand my 'madness'
(hope you don't mind my reminiscing ramblings.)
memories eh...brilliant mate.
Chris

c.a.c131

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 06:48:24 PM »

Chris I love the photo's and all the story's about your old 131 Sport Smiley I loved the tape on door  Grin 131 door's do like to rust, all the bottoms of my Panorama door's were sculpted out of isopon Shocked

The Regata was not half the car the 131 was, and sadly for alot of fiat 131 owners that trade in 131's for Regata's it would be their last fiat thats now bad the Regata was  Angry

Christopher  Wink

1980 Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport/Racing, 1981 Fiat 131 S2 Supermirafiori Panorama 1600/TC.
david

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 07:26:36 PM »

I got my first 131 in early 1987 and it was a 1979 1600 t/c  supermirafiori.
I had to wait another three years for a sport.
Regata's were a complete piece of junk and no succesor to any 131 .
k5mfy

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 09:21:35 PM »

Hello this is my first posting on here after a few years of popping in and out having a look, As with most on here had quite a few sports and supers back in the late 80s early 90s and hanker for one still now!!! I live in Bridgwater Somerset and have always been around this area and the pic of the three sports brought back some old memories as the silver one in the middle (later to be one of mine in matt black and green by the time I got hold of it) and the grey one with the alloys (never mine) but many a night racing it around the taunton area in my very rusty then orange sport PPF210W. Will try and find some pics of past ones the last being a half tidy grey sport that i sold in the early 90s to a guy in Ilfracombe with a spare pair of very good green doors.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.