Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 11:21:30 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  my new passion car
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: my new passion car  (Read 10082 times)
eric-storic

« on: August 25, 2008, 11:53:25 AM »

Good morning.

Here is my new acquisition, a 131 racing abarth volumetrico

it is simply magnificent  Grin Grin Grin

eric-storic

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 11:54:34 AM »

eric-storic

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 11:55:36 AM »

eyore

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 12:32:58 PM »

Yes you are right its really beautiful.Almost a shame to use it. On a slight tangent the unlagged exhaust in the engine bay is not the best for performance. The experts say higher manifold and exhaust temperatures reduce back pressure which is way it should be lagged. Anyone got any views?
eugene

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 03:56:20 PM »

Congratulations and best of luck.It's a beautiful car.I presume you will be taking it to Turin next May Roll Eyes.Has Kev been to see it yet!!!!!.If no,then it's straight to the HOSPITAL for him.
Maybe some time you might let us know what you paid for it!!!.My guess would be in the region of around 12 to 15 thousand euro.
It's a French reg car,so maybe you could fill us other forum members in on
the history of the car.
By the way,is this thread a joke.Why i ask,is one car has Italian plates and is a different shade of orange,or did you buy both cars,or is this a thread you wrote while you were dreaming(no offence ment) Wink Wink Wink Shocked Roll Eyes Grin.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
eugene

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 04:10:12 PM »

Sorry Kev,looked at the thread without my glasses on Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed.I thought it was Eyore bought this car(excuse the hospital bit and sorry as well Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed).The reg plates need clarification.Eugene Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
gerafiori
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 05:35:03 PM »

nice car but what a pity someone filled out the side mouldings
it would look far better without all that filler there, but everything else is top class
gerry
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 05:55:17 PM »

Congratulations again on your fine purchase Eric. A very rare car in Orange as Albert will tell us when he gets back from his holidays.

The car looks fantastic especially in the interior and motor.

I'm not sure about the roof and as Gerry says I'm not a fan of missing side rubbing strips but at least these are both reversible if you feel like doing that.

Well done and I look forward to meeting you and seeing the car next year in France/Torino.? Wink Grin

Eugene - I dont really understand the hospital comment so need to apologise.? Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
mclements131

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 06:09:36 PM »

Hi kevin and eric

thats one fine honey of a car cheers real nice, thanks for the piccies and oh so very rare with the turbo etc

kevin sorry to hear you are unwell wishing you a speedy recovery and get well soon matey hope its nothing serious.

From martin and Nicole.

also dont think its a bogus post as prevoius member said looks like a real nice car and owner seems to love it real so dont know why they say these stupid things about nice cars, well done eric please, dont worry about these narrow minds people nice car thanx 4 fotos
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 06:13:49 PM by mclements131 » Logged
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 06:28:05 PM »

Hi Martin - This seems a bit surreal!? Wink

I'm as confused about the hospital comment as you appear to be - I've no plans to go anywhere near any hospitals in the forseeable future ...thankfully.

Especially as my annual pilgrimage to Italy is less than 2 weeks away. Watch this space for pics of all the interesting finds that I come across. I'm hoping to do a lot better in Sicily than the lake district (Como) last year where most old Fiats seem to have been discarded for Korean and Japaneese products.? Huh Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 03:28:18 AM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Testament

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 09:52:24 PM »

Very nice!  just what I was looking for too, engine bay pics of the factory volumetrico setup to help we with my VX motor. It looks like maybe there might be just enough room for a sidedraft bolted directly to the supercharger.
eric-storic

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 09:49:09 PM »

hello

is it possible that I post a photo of the identification plate of a racing volumetrico please.    
because the service approval fiat france does not know the model, because my car on the identification plate is that of racing while on the map of movement there is the type 131 akv1 232r10 ....

thank you

www.storic-italia.com
theredx19
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 10:30:32 PM »

Hey Eyore this is why the exhaust is not lagged as lagging it keeps the tempature inside the manifold and thus creates a restriction, only ever see lagging on the old Ferrari's where the exhaust might cause harm to the owner but I could be wrong but this car is forced induction so breathing should never be a big problem. And more importantly it is a very nice and tidy example of a beast of a car Wink Wink Wink
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 07:54:55 PM »

Hello Eric,

Congratulations with your car!  You asked for the typeplate, I expect nobody can help you as as far as I know there was not an especial identityplate for Racing Volumetrico's. Onlu the Supermirafiori's had their own ID plates. I looked at my own  Racing Volumetrico and it also shows the "ordinary"Racing plate. The french importer doesn't know the car simply because it was not on offer in France.  This particular car I know already a long time. If you are interested in earlier history I will ask for you because it was owned by my friend Mauro, who also helped me with info used in my Volumetrico article here on the forum. You readed that?? I think it will help you with some useful info. The car was done technically very well and had a technical overhaul when I bought my blue Supermira Volumetrico. I remember the car had a vey weird beige dash with 124 sport clocks by then, I will look if I can find a pic of that. Also strange for me that they closed the trunk, it only opens now from the inside.  This car, as Mauro told me is a Racing built in 1978, so an early one and should have been for ages at Abarth because as far as I know it is the latest registered car in 1984, so 6 years after the shell was produced.  That explains the colour Kev! I think the chassisnumber will show that. This car could be also the showmodel showed in the Cosentino book. Keep it going and enjoy eric!

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
Gremlino

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 11:18:32 PM »

Well done Eric,

Another Volumetrico on here...excellent.

I like the air filter cover with the Abarth script and scorpion.....very A112, nice  Cool

The filled sides do look flat but the car is so good all around that it doesn't really matter.... make it your own and be happy with it.

Albert is correct about the shells being kept unused a long time at Corso Marche. Back in 1970 when FIAT ceased the 600, Abarth had amassed enough bodyshells to keep producing the 1000TCR for another 2 years.
So a few unused 131 2 dr cars would not have been hard for them to squirrel away.

Its a clean & tidy car, go out and enjoy it  Wink

Signature has gone Kaput!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.