Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:04:56 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  SFS 639V ??????
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SFS 639V ??????  (Read 12793 times)
131NZ

« on: August 30, 2008, 08:45:21 PM »

HULLO FROM N.Z.
Firstly, just want to say great site and some great looking Sports. Secondly, before i moved to NZ from Scotland in 96 i used to own an orange sport with an aftermarket sunroof, no rear spoiler, and fitted electric windows. I saw SFS 639V on the tour of Scotland you guys did and the plate is ringing bells but for the life of me i cant remember for def. Could anyone shed some light maybe? I sold the car to a guy from Motherwell area in 96 and he said he was buying it for a relative in Ireland so i dont know if it went there or not. Long shot but would make my day knowing its still on the go. I was almost in tears when i sold it!!! Thanks for your time fellas, Paul.

I,m Paul and I,m an expat Scot living in N.Z.? A? former owner of SFS 639V.
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 09:46:48 PM »

Welcome to the site Paul.

Great to see that this section of the forum is re-uniting previous owners with their cars.

Yes this car is very much "on the go"! It's in great condition for the age and owned by an enthusiast in Co Louth, Ireland. The car has been on 3MA07 & 3MA08 and expects to be at 3MA09. The car is performing very strongly both in outright performance and also on the bends - I've seen it closely in both disciplines! Grin

From speaking with the owner the car was bought in Scotland - The owner had had one when much younger and always missed his earlier version.? Wink

The electric windows are still working too!? Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
131NZ

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 03:42:19 AM »

FANTASTIC!! I,m blown away but very pleased its still out there making someones day every time they drive it. I owned it from around Jan 96 till Nov 96? after searching for 6 years for a "good one" I found this one in Edinburgh. The floor had had a lot of work but the rest of the car was straight and solid. I think the usual small bubbles at the bottom of the doors was starting when i sold it. The only thing i was unhappy about was the aftermarket sunroof, and as good a fitting it was it really didnt need one in my opinion. If the current owner reads this i would be a happy man if i could be emailed some good pics of it in its current state, inside and out. And to push my luck even more, if the owner is in Scotland over Xmas GIVE ME A CALL? Grin, as I am coming home for a visit this year.

sid131

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 11:44:57 AM »

Hi Paul here are some pics of the 131 i took when i met the 131 convoy on route to Scotland for the 3MA earlier this year

* Picture 2.jpg (45.58 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1214 times.)

* Picture 3.jpg (53.46 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1172 times.)
sid131

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 11:47:31 AM »

2 more

* Picture 1.jpg (46.76 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1198 times.)

* Picture 4.jpg (43.89 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1205 times.)
sid131

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 11:53:04 AM »

2 more

* Picture 5.jpg (48.54 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1197 times.)

* Picture 11.jpg (43.49 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1206 times.)
131NZ

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 05:15:16 AM »

Hi Sid, Thanks for the pics!!!! I drooled for about ten minutes while looking at them and had to drag myself away for a tissue. Sad I loved that car and the only reason i sold it was because i was coming to live in NZ. Even today the style and design of 131 sports still look amazing.
The extra clocks are still there i see and if i,m not mistaken that looks like the stereo i put in!! You could change the colour of the stereo lumination to match the dash lights. Same stereo?? I do have one confession to make though. The original petrol cap is on my Brother inlaws 131 super! He wanted the cap before i sold the car so we swapped it. If he ever decides to sell his super, i,m sure i could organise a swap and get the original cap back on to SFS 639V!! I know i,m driveling on a bit but i,m just so pleased to see its still running and looking so well. I,m glad its being looked after by someone who gives it as much attention as i did when i owned it. Thanks lads.

mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 07:43:39 PM »

Is your Brother in law based in the UK? Is he a member of the site and have we seen his super?

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 08:20:21 PM »

Just great that this forum is seen everywhere in the world and that a new member from NZ sees his old love back, great!

I drove a lot together with the great couple who own this car and even had a short drive in the car as I wanted to drive a right hooker, SFS's owner a left hooker. We had a great time at 3MA!!

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
131NZ

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 08:28:14 AM »

Hi Dave,
Yes my brother in law is in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire. (me too originaly) When i told him i found SFS and showed him this site he looked in straight away and said he had joined but that was just a few days ago so give him time!!! Hes not online as much as me. He is only the second owner of the super which came from a farmer in Ayrshire. It was taken away by a breakers yard after the farmer passed away and we found it unmolested the day after it came in to the breakers yard. Only 20 something thousand miles on the clock with full service history and still the plastic on the doors!!!! The farmer only used it to put a bale of hay in the fields.It did need some work to get back to road worthy state as the breakers lifted it by the roof with a chain to load onto a truck Cry  But my bro in law being a perfectionist,and a coachbuilder decided a nut and bolt resto was what it was getting Roll Eyes And to his credit he did a great job having done everything himself. This was back in 96 but the car is currently off the road just now and getting a few new bits and bobs. I,m sure he will put up a few pics when he gets on here. By the way he also owned a sport in the late eighties and it would be good to know if that one still exists. It was silver and the plate was MSD 88W.  Cheers lads and thanks for the warm welcome to the site. I,ll be  a regular visitor from now on. Maybe even one day find a good sport or racing as they are called here to put that sly grin back on my face! Cheesy

mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 09:15:07 AM »

Good to see another Super survives! I am looking forward to seeing it, very low mileage too when you found it. A lucky find!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
michael mc clelland

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 07:22:34 PM »

Hi to 131NZ.  Sorry i have only spotted this topic today. The car was completely stripped and rebuilt approx 97 or 98 in my brother in laws spare time. The paint job has not been touched since that date and i mot the vehicle every year and do little mileage in between.  I had owned my first 131 sport in 1981. reg DLO260T, bought in hounslow and re-reg FIB2642 in northern ireland. Shortly after selling the car in 1984 i wanted it back and discovered it had got married to an oak tree.May it rest in peace. My car has 111000 mile on it. All is as i bought it apart from chrome trims i added. I hope this make you content that it is been looked after as my son  wants it in the will. 
italianxrays

Fiat 131 - VFP783X

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 07:57:41 PM »

Smiley FYI The car DLO 278 T (& other DLO reg ?) was an early press car in orange, I think like the Strada Abarths with the KLB reg numbers they are still about but thin on ground, my mate has one of the early Strada Abarths with similar reg but I will check with him.
I know there was another orange DLO reg sport for sale which has gone to a good home again in Ireland.
131NZ

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 01:35:57 PM »

Hi Michael, Good to hear the car is being looked after. Was it you who bought it from me around oct 96? The guy who came and bought it said he was buying on behalf of a relative in Eire. He even asked me to write a letter to say the car had been sold and was being taken to Eire. Not sure why this was asked.....security maybe or customs? Anyway, its great to see the car looking so well.

Cheers,
Paul.

michael mc clelland

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 08:44:33 PM »

Hi Paul, just after seening your note. The chap bought the car for me is related to me by marriage.  He spotted the car and i told him to buy it. The letter was just to prove i had purchased the vehicle. He drove it to me in northern ireland where i keep it most of the time, except when i would give it a run out. The car was completely stripped and rebuilt by 1998.  The paintwork is now showing little blemishes which may require touched up. Unfortunately i have given the car to my son who wants me to care for it ! Will think of doing some work on it next year possibly. Hope this satisfies your appetite for info re SFS. If more info is needed dont hesitate to ask.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.