Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:24:00 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 racing seat towels
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 racing seat towels  (Read 27389 times)
CkRacing

« on: January 06, 2009, 10:34:35 AM »

anyone have a pair of black front seat racing towels for sale?
bolger

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 01:20:30 PM »

We could consider ordering them in China  Wink
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 06:36:05 PM »

You must be going for complete originality!

Have we seen pictures of your car..? Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
italianxrays

Fiat 131 - VFP783X

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 08:00:55 PM »

Smiley
I had a pair of these but sold on ebay some years ago, the guy seemed over the moon, lived in Cornwall, it may even have have been a Marcus Maylem ? who was building a grp4 131 racer possibly, I may be wrong, as it was a few years ago now.
But they were dark blue not black with 4 eyelet holes at each corner (rusty) and I recall racing embossed into the length of  each towel
Were these an after market accessory then ?

Cheers Ian
sid131

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 08:13:09 PM »

as far as i can remember they were delivery towels on the 131 racing/sport, i have a set in my mums attic they are a bit tatty if you want to deal pm your details & i will send you some pics.
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 10:46:23 AM »

They were for sure delivery towels and they were in several colours. For one of my cars I have them in grey, but I know of black and white items also. I am also looking for the things(look at older subjects here Wink Huh

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
Tas131

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 11:25:08 AM »

i will send you some pics.

Can you post some pics up Nick, I've never seen 131 "Seat towels". But we never got the sport/racing in OZ, so I haven't seen one of them either.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
sid131

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 12:22:53 PM »

sorry but the ones in the attic seem to have hidden themselves somewhere they were there 20 yeras ago?? gulp,
can anyone post a pic for me please because i have been in contact with a local towel company about getting some reproduced
Albert & Kevin i need your pics & dimensions of the towels please.
bolger

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 05:07:46 PM »

I have them in dark blue, drivers one is worn, tough.
sid131

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 05:19:25 PM »

yes they were in metal blue as supplied on some silver (620) coloured cars with the blue bumpers & trim, can you email me a couple of close up pics please of both sides, are they handed? also the measurements please.
wayne67

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 05:59:24 PM »

Hi These are NOT for sale but may help you, Each Towel is 1400mm long x 280mm wide (55"x11" inches)  the metal rings are in different places at the top to the bottom:-  The top which I think is the top cos they are wide enough to fit the headrests are 20mm in and 20mm down from a corner, where the two points meet is the centre of the hole.
    What I think is the bottom:- is 55mm in from the side and 30mm down from the end, again both lines meet at the centre of the hole.  fiat racing runs up from the bottom on the left side of both towels.  It starts  FIAT RACING FIAT RACING FIAT  _______RACING FIAT RACING FIAT    There is a space presumably where the base meets the back of the seat hopefully these show up in the pic`s. Hope this may help Regards Wayne. Smiley
   SORRY THIS SITE WILL NOT LET ME ATTACH PICS, SAYS EACH PIC IS TOO BIG, i CANNOT REDUCE THEM SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE THEM SEND ME AN E-MAIL ADDRESS  I CAN SEND THEM TO. SORRY AGAIN WAYNE
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 06:29:19 PM »

If you want to post big pics on here the easiest way is to use a free photo hosting site like Photobucket.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
italianxrays

Fiat 131 - VFP783X

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 09:12:44 PM »

Smiley
I just wanted to add, I picked mine up from North of Leeds way + the orange arch kit etc. held on for some years as I thought they looked nice hanging on my bedroom wall, they did find a good home though and to their correct use.
I think they are now scarce items but could easily be reproduced (if enough interest amongst the 131 Racing fratenity)  given modern technology.
Sadly no pics, I will double check though.

bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 09:43:05 PM »

Here is a picture with the text Cheesy

* DSC04723.JPG (147.34 KB, 640x480 - viewed 793 times.)

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
sid131

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 10:06:43 PM »

SORRY THIS SITE WILL NOT LET ME ATTACH PICS, SAYS EACH PIC IS TOO BIG, i CANNOT REDUCE THEM SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE THEM SEND ME AN E-MAIL ADDRESS  I CAN SEND THEM TO. SORRY AGAIN WAYNE

My email address is in my profile please send me pics i am working on getting these reproduced if possible, thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.