Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:03:41 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  frustration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: frustration  (Read 16491 times)
Andy c

« on: May 02, 2007, 08:25:25 PM »

frustration and disapointment,i was eagerly waiting to show my car for the first time at brooklands
this saturday even booked a spot for spin around the test track, with my car supposedly being ready at christmas yet here we are in may and the  car is still in Belguim so brooklands is a no go Angry and am having to make  trip to
Belguim to see whats going on, looking on the brightside its Guy's grand opening of his new place
and will be able to get pics and report on any 131's there Smiley,hoping of course that mine is there

Going on from that, the 3ma is obviously touch and go if we make it in the 131 Cry Angry Sad however we will still
go to ireland even if its in Anita's punto as planned, so we will ,be able to meet you other 131 nutters
if not joining in the driving Smiley,it's our bloody honeymoon and we WILL have a good time Grin
Andy

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 08:32:15 PM »

Oh dear  Shocked must be very frustrating indeed. Wishing you best of luck in getting your car in time for the 3ma; if not I have plenty of passenger space in my car for the drives  Wink

Does this mean you'll be in Belgium on Saturday or are you still going to Brooklands?

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Andy c

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 09:07:58 PM »

Hello Theo,it will be belguim i go to on Saturday, i really must check and dissipate the fears i have that the car is actually still around, it's the first and last time i let someone else do a car for me, it's been over a year in total i have been waiting now.
as for offering to take us as passengers in your car, what a great offer, Anita is really chuffed about it , so if we could join you, we owe you.
Regards Andy

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 10:27:36 PM »

Andy - This is not good news for you - I didnt realise you were in this position - That explains why we only have a partial photo of your car in the gallery.  Embarrassed

I'll ask the mother to say a novena for you and the car in the hope that it will be ready in time!

Looks like you have 3 ferry trips in the near future!

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 06:29:00 AM »

Andy and Anita,

I'm really so sorry to hear of your difficulties with Mr. Moerenhout - you should have had the car ages ago! We first spoke of it at Brooklands last year didn't we? I am sorry.? Cry

It's a very good idea to take a trip and apply any pressure that's needed to get the car completed. Do you know why he hasn't finished it yet? Is it anything to do with the diff/rear suspension mods?

I can only commiserate and wish you the very best of luck on Saturday.

I too echo Theo's offer - if you want a ride around Ireland in a 131 Abarth, you and Anita are most welcome to join me at any point if you wish, as my wife has to stay at home and look after our kids Undecided

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 10:17:07 AM »

Hello Andy and Anita,

Of course my offer stands for both of you to join me on the drives. You'll have to provide your own ear-plugs though and put up with my music  Grin Only joking of course, the car is too loud to be able to hear the music  Grin Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Andy c

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 06:35:58 PM »

Hello everyone, what can we say except Thank you so much for offering to take us as passengers for the 3MA, like I've said we are so disappointed about the car not being here, Guy informs me it won't even be test driven until at least 6th May, and yes your right Simon it was last year at Brooklands i first spoke to you about this, so you can all guess i am pretty mad about it not being here, even Anita has got on Guy's case, all to no avail.
Anyway like i've said we will have a good time in spite of the disappointment of the car not being here.
Andy

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 06:42:46 PM »

If the car is going to be fully assembled and test driven on the 6th of May then there's hope it will be ready for you for the 3MA? We'll all keep our fingers crossed for you. Guy knows about the 3MA, he's advertised it on his forum and he is a member of this forum here so you would have thought he would have made an effort to have your car ready in time. Good luck and keep us informed.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 10:29:43 AM »

Andy, how did you get on in Belgium? Have you got any news, hopefully good, about your car?

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Andy c

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 09:00:12 PM »

Hi Theo had a good day in Belguim and good to see my car again,apart from a few minor jobs
its ready to come home hopeing for this friday but more likely monday.
I have my own mods and changes for the car when its here which im looking forward to,to have
my car looking as I want it in my eyes whatever its condition will beat a showroom condtion car Wink
and can i thank you guys again for your offers for hitching a lift at the 3ma in your cars
ANDY 

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 06:02:15 AM »

Fantastic news Andy!? Grin

The condition of the car most certainly doesn't have to be perfect - just as long as you can bring it to Ireland to enjoy with us all on the 3MA Cool

Looking forward to seeing you, Anita and your car in the M4 services at Reading early on Thursday morning Grin Cheesy Wink Cool

Simon

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 10:18:50 AM »

Car on Monday, wedding on Wednesday and off to Ireland on Thursday. It's all coming together. So is Tuesday a day of rest or a day for fettling with the car?  Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Andy c

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 05:23:37 PM »

I will do everything possible to have the car ready however still have to mot register and tax the car
not sure if there will be time for all this but i will try
Andy

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 05:54:39 PM »

Hi Andy

I have been watching this thread develop - When I brought my 131 home my car from Germany I had to buy export plates which lasted for 2 weeks but included tax and insurance (no MOT), but until the car is registered in the UK does it need this? Not sure what the system is in Belgium.

I would certainly try to get insurance cover documentation ASAP though. Maybe in advance of picking the car up to avoid delays.

Fingers crossed!

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Andy c

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 06:09:47 PM »

Hi Kev car is insured havn't heard of these export plates where would i inquire about these
the D,V,L,A ?
by the way should be able to bring the trim bits with me
Andy

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.