Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:44:10 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  frustration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: frustration  (Read 16403 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 08:36:02 PM »

The seller arranged for me as they were issued by the German authorities - Like a local tax office. It cost me ?250 but I think it was a lot cheaper and that I paid a surcharge - Different county though and possibly different rules.

Good news on the trim bits - How about the hubs? - Maybe you wont have time to strip them so dont worry.

Have a good trip whether by 131 or Punto.

We're getting enough rain this week to last for a month so we are praying for dry weather next weekend.

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2007, 01:21:58 PM »

We're getting enough rain this week to last for a month so we are praying for dry weather next weekend.

Unfortunately the weather forecast tells a different story!
But fortunately, most weather forecasts are wrong!  Grin

* 3maWeather.jpg (26.92 KB, 716x284 - viewed 575 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 02:07:50 PM »

But fortunately, most weather forecasts are wrong!  Grin

Well, luckily the weather people have already changed their mind and Sunday is now looking better with the sun coming out for the 131s !  Cheesy

* 3maWeatherSun.jpg (12.1 KB, 199x283 - viewed 604 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Andy c

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 07:51:40 PM »

fingers crossed the weather looking more promising
as for my car it is now finished ready for my eeger hands
however just got to find when to get it here  Cry
forever waiting Andy

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 07:56:58 PM »

Andy - At this stage you might as well sail direct from Europe to Ireland and ask Anita to fly to Shannon - We can pick her up and mind her till you get here...

Although there is something nagging at the back of my mind that suggests that you need to see her on Wednesday for something....... Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 06:25:20 AM »

Hi Andy,

Glad to see that your 131 is at last ready for you to take. That didn't take long did it? Shocked Roll Eyes Shocked

I'm sorry to say though that I think it highly unlikely that you'll be able to get the car registered for UK use in time for use on the 3MA. I have registered two cars that I have imported from mainland Europe and in both cases the new registration number notification and number plate authorisation forms have been posted out to me some four to five working days after I had taken the forms to my local DVLO.? Cry Cry

Then of course there's the dreaded MoT, which you must have before you can even think of starting this process and, in my experience at least, there is usually something that means it will fail first time - although you might be lucky.

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news but I think that we should be realistic.

The temporary plates that Kevin is speaking of are usually provided by the seller and are certainly available in German, although you can't get them in Italy. I have no idea about Belgium I'm afraid but it's got to be worth speaking to Guy Moerenhout as, lets face it, it's got to be his fault his the car is so 'late'. Roll Eyes

Best of luck to you and I hope for a successful conclusion in the next day or two. Grin

Simon

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.