Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:54:16 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Auto Italia Spring Italian Car Day, Brooklands
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Auto Italia Spring Italian Car Day, Brooklands  (Read 6052 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: May 05, 2007, 10:36:49 PM »

"A picture says 1000 words..."
So here's a few pictures taken at the Auto Italia Spring Italian Car Day, Brooklands today (05/05/2007)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 08:20:54 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 01:31:53 PM »

Jason Hodgkinson (forum member jasonh131) sent in the following photos:

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 01:54:18 PM »

Looks like good day out. Maybe we can combine with a 3MA in 2008?  Wink

Some of the photos could do some explanation eg why is the 131 in front of so many Deltas? Why does the blue Gamma warrant 3 photos? Is it an especially clean example?

The Ferrari line up is spectacular.

Any new interest in 3MA and did you get contact details for the silver VX?

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 02:30:57 PM »

Auto Italia's Spring Italian Car Day is always a good day out. In fact all Auto Italia events (they do one in Stanford Hall in June and Gaydon in September) are a good day out. I don't think they are suitable to combine with the 3MA even though the Lancia Motor Club tagged their AGM with the Auto Italia day at Gaydon last year and the Maserati Club usually have their AGM tagged onto Auto Italia's Stanford Hall event. Those combined events work out well but the Lancia Motor Club decided not to combine their AGM this year.

The 131 is in front of so many Deltas because it's better and faster! OK, that might not be true and might just be a coincidence that so many Deltas chose to try out the Mercedes Benz test track but there was only one 131. We were all in the queue to go round the track (in 10 car groups).

Look at the blue Gammas more carefully and you'll see it's two different ones. I make no apologies for taking lots of photos of Gammas, I like them  Kiss

There was some interest at the event for the forthcoming 3MA and Simon and I gave away several of our 'leaflets'. However, the owner of the Silver Volumetrico had never heard of the 3MA or this website so our marketing department is failing in its task  Embarrassed Undecided
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 08:26:02 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 06:28:48 AM »

Who is that fat, old, balding bloke with the big nose Theo?? Oh no...it's me! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

The next time that Jas sends you photo's of me that have been taken without me 'posing' can you destroy them please! Actually - if anyone sends you ANY photos of me full stop! Shocked Roll Eyes

Theo - there's a time and place for Gammas my friend! Wink Grin Cool

Interesting to note a thing or two about the first pic of my Abarth. The guy on the left is Jason himself, with his son Aston. The chap in the green coat and 3MA t-shirt (!) needs no introduction (I must go on the diet!). The guy on the far right of the picture, in the red coat about to walk through the gate, is none other than Phil Ward himself - the editor of Auto Italia magazine and organiser of this event.

You will also note that I was invited to display my car with all of the other 'interesting' vehicles - in the paddock area in front of the club house, next to two works Stilo Abarths. A great honour.

Can you see how shiny my car is Kev? Grin Grin

The day was extremely well attended, (I had to queue to get in at 09.10hrs!) but started out very cold and cloudy - hence the majority of us wearing our winter coats. The sun did eventually come through at about 2pm though and even coloured 'unprotected' heads such as mine! Cheesy Grin Shocked Roll Eyes

An extremely enjoyable day spent in the company of a great many 'FIAT friends'.? Cheesy Roll on 3MA Cool (10 days to go)

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 04:50:14 PM »

My thanks to Gavin Bushby for taking the photo of the 131 while Simon and I were trying out the Mercedes Benz test track. As you can see, the 131 is still ahead of the Integrale. The fact that overtaking was not allowed is immaterial  Grin Grin

* 131onMBTT.jpg (121.32 KB, 640x426 - viewed 618 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.