Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:29:03 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  One of the best 131s for sale for ages
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: One of the best 131s for sale for ages  (Read 9069 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: April 14, 2009, 05:31:11 PM »

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=vpsalfv2l12v

If I didn't have my white 4 door I would be after this one. A real beauty in that colour.  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
djape1977

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 05:47:53 PM »

absolutely perfect

get a bigger hammer!
chris131

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 05:51:26 PM »

That's a beauty  Grin
sid131

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 06:40:25 PM »

looks like a good one only its lhd & heard a whisper today that there will be no more insurance cover for left hookers in Ireland, thats the way it was in the 80s
big clamp down around the border here on lhd europe regd cars, & i heard it from a very good source so be warned lhd boyos get those 131s converted to rhd whie you can!!!
eugene

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 06:53:54 PM »

What will Kev do,he's got 2 lefties Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.If this is true he will be very busy changing over Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 08:03:26 PM »

I very much doubt that will come in but if it does ...insurers generally apply these types of rules to new applicants rather than existing customers.  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
FIATCAN

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 08:11:07 PM »

Certainly a gem to be had!
Would anyone know the name and code for that color?
Thanks
FIATCAN

FIATCAN
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 08:25:53 PM »

I've just looked in 3 different S3 brochures that I have and none of them state the colour choices - Sorry.

I do believe that it is a standard 131 blue colour and I'm racking my brain for the colour name - I'm sure Simon knows it as I think he said earlier it's his favourite hue for the S3 super!? Wink

Possibly Azure Blu.... Huh

Lovely isn't it.? Wink

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
FIATCAN

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 08:39:28 PM »

Sure is Kev,
I'm almost ready for paint on my 4dr ( I know, I sound like a broken record) but blue was a color I was considering, I know Theo will be upset that I'm not going original.
Maybe Kev, you could have a look at the website I have attached to see if you could match the color for the vehicle above, I was looking under the 1980 year. Its hard to pick based on a small paint chip. I've narrowed it down to
 Blue? (to many to choose from) I like the azzure.
 Sepia? (Better for a 4 door and the Brown/Beige interior)
 or Black (Not really a 4door color but its a safe pick)

http://paintscratch.com/

Thanks
FIATCAN

FIATCAN
FIATCAN

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 08:46:22 PM »

The paint code site does not give an option for model, so these colors are for fiats in general. The Blue azzurite (as they call it) is located on the 1981 model year.

Thanks
FIATCAN

FIATCAN
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 08:57:37 PM »

Yes I selected 1981 as this was when the S3 (and therefore this colour) was introduced.

Have a look at this for an existing car in the same colour.

http://131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=706.0

Paint swatches are notorious for being different from actual and on that basis I would say that Azzurite is the closest - It is a solid colour (ie non metallic). If you have a beige interior and want something that blends a bit better then a brown is good but I would also consider that lovely metallic copper possibly referred to as Brown Metallic 732 on that website.

Can you get samples as testers?

It is a head wrecking experience choosing a colour - I went through it with my earlier Sport and kept changing between Silver, Black and Grey - I suddenly choose Silver on the spur of the moment and regretted it ever since - I do prefer dark colours on cars ever since but it's a very personal thing. I would always try to keep to an original Fiat colour as was available on the car at the time.? Smiley

Keep us posted.

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
FIATCAN

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 09:20:11 PM »

Yes Kev, very hard to choose from, and the"spur of the moment" choice is what i'm afraid I might do. The car is currently Copper (Rame) 170, a color that I thought might grow on Me, but just hasen't happened. I'm not into Brown, to be honest, but I was considering Brown Sepia 761. Thanks for the info Kev  Wink . I will keep you posted.

FIATCAN

FIATCAN
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 09:47:36 PM »

Not my favourite colour as I have said before, but looks a good example. Odd wheels though, earlier super wheels on one end and the later ones on the other with the different vent holes.....

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 08:59:08 AM »

Mmmmmmmmm a lovely specimen!! Grin Grin Grin In my absolutely favorite colour for a series 3 Super Wink You are quite correct Kev, it is Azure Blue, colour code 613 (Yeah, I know, I'm a sad git, but hey.. Wink)

If I had the money I'd be on the first plane out to get it.? Cool

Hi FiatCan, long time no hear. I hope you and your Fiats are all well. Wink

I personally don't like to see 131's in the wrong (i.e. non-standard and non-factory) colour, but it's a free World, so do what your instincts tell you. I think black is very wrong for a 4 door 131 as only the Sport/Racing was available in black. I think blue is a great colour though, especially for a Super, although I believe the brown paint better protected the paintwork than the blue - something to do with the paint pigment I suppose Huh I had a brown series 3 Super (PBL 712 X) and several blue ones (XPE 613 Y, XPC ?? Y, A 945 GPD, A ?? UYF.....)? in various shades and the brown one was far less prone to the creeping daylight than the others.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do and keep us updated with pics.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
FIATCAN

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 12:42:35 PM »

Yes Simon, its been awhile and our monthly Fiat gathering will commence this month now that the nice weather has arrived! Grin. I'm thinking Brown or Blue at this point and I just might toss a coin when the decision has to be made Shocked. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks
FIATCAN

FIATCAN
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.