Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:35:43 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  OH ! Bristol automoto festival sat 25th april 09
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OH ! Bristol automoto festival sat 25th april 09  (Read 5160 times)
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« on: January 04, 2009, 09:07:37 PM »

Wel this is one off the best shows off the year, last year was the year of the fiat and yes there was no
131 , even i went for the first time in my alfa 75le? with the SFC , it s dun by the aroc? so this year lets have a good group of us , very over supsribed and anyone know Paul Hanmore who orginised it last year and email ?
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rmR4AOCH9Hk
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 07:36:02 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 05:26:21 PM »

Well guys if you want to go along and make convoy entrance for our 131's ,simon theo andy graham.
 i know its abit of a trek to bristol and back ,even i know have to stop and have 40 winks.
 i got a reply from paul:
Bristol Italian Auto Moto Festival

Saturday 25th April 2009

Lancia to be the Featured Marque

Lancia will be the Featured Marque at next year's Bristol Italian Auto Moto Festival to mark the 30th anniversary of the introduction of the original Delta model. The organisers are working with the Lancia Motor Club to feature a wide range of Lancias of all ages to make this a most memorable show.

Once again there will be wide ranging displays of Italian cars and bikes of all marques and ages to set the Italianesque 'Old City' streets alive with Italian chic and design flair.

All car entries must be pre booked (with full name, address, phone & mobile numbers and vehicle details - marque, model, year, reg. no.) to: biamf@ourhemanpal.co.uk or 0117 947 5814. If using a transporter vehicle please advise as it will also need a pass.

Why not make a note in your diary to come on down and take part in the best free Italian vehicle festival in the country? This event makes for a grand day out just looking at all the exciting cars and bikes on display, chatting with the owners and making new friends. The City's shopping centre and markets are nearby and worth a browse too. Also nearby, the historic harbour is lined with attractions, museums, historic boats and ships including Brunel’s ‘SS Great Britain’ and a replica of John Cabot’s ship the Matthew. (A little known fact - in the year 1497, the Bristol-based Cabot sailed in the original Matthew to reach the North American mainland before Columbus!)

If anyone requires further information or wishes to promote a product or company through the Festival, please contact the undersigned. Sponsors will receive a full 12 months of publicity on our website (under construction at present).

Yours faithfully,

Paul G Hanmore

BIAMF Organiser

biamf@ourhemanpal.co.uk or 0117 947 5814.

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 07:34:40 PM »

OH  Cheesy YOU LOT  i recived my conformation today any one else entered for this great show.....

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 07:13:14 PM »

Ticket arrived to day of to bristol on saturday, good blast down the M4

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 04:25:06 PM »

Sorry Ja, won't be able to get to Bristol in the Abarth this weekend as it will still be at IRS in Basildon. Apparently it needs a little work to get it thru it's MoT. Undecided

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
sid131

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 04:40:37 PM »

what work Simon? hopefully it dont get the usual Uk mot treatment of weld over rust & shutz!
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 04:44:27 PM »

I think you've had some bad experience with bodged UK cars Sid. The "weld over" days are long gone. There are hammers and screwdrivers in the MoT Testers arsenal these days.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
sid131

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 05:41:13 PM »

dont think so Simon they are far from long gone i have just finished 3 weeks of welding & repairing properly the said weld over, isopon & shutz repairs on a 1985 opel manta Gte with 10 months Mot ticket on it, a  bloody disgrace, never let cowboys like that near your 131 Simon, we all know that the 131 suffers badly with the rust as did toyptas datsuns mazdas opels etc of the same era but no excuse for bad work, good luck & hope she passes.
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 05:57:56 PM »

The car has gone to a guy that both Theo and I have used for our 131s (and other Italian cars, in fact Theo's Gamma is also with him at the moment) for a good few years now, and if anything he's over cautious with the work he does for us. Smiley I took the Abarth to him for it's MoT three years ago and got it back 6 months later with a ?4,000 bill!!  Shocked

I'm super cautious when it comes to people who repair my 'oldies' - I've been turned over before! Undecided

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.