Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 12:33:53 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Irish Fiat 131 event incl GKMR09
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Irish Fiat 131 event incl GKMR09  (Read 78058 times)
Kennedy of Sixmilebridge

all-italia.net

« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2009, 05:35:41 PM »

So, is this thing still on ? Grin

The oracle that is Sky News said today that the weather would be grand all weekend.

I'm not booked in anywhere yet, what will I do lads ?

Is the Gay lad sorted yet, could I shack up with him ?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 05:42:34 PM by Kennedy of Sixmilebridge » Logged

all-italia.net
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2009, 06:19:04 PM »

Absolutely - It's still on and the weather forcast sites are predicting 0mm of rain in Killarney on Friday, Sat & Sun!!  Wink

I've just spoken with the hotel and they will arrange the cordoned off parking from tomorrow and while we are away touring during the day.

Dinner on both nights will be 8.0/8.30pm as there are other groups and a wedding there as well.

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
sid131

« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2009, 06:38:49 PM »

maby we could gatecrash the wedding? bit like the movie!!
Blue850

« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2009, 07:42:54 PM »

How did you get on today Blue850....

I haven't heard from my mechanic today, his last report was he had it going but its not running great.
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2009, 07:51:32 PM »

I hope you make it Gerry - I'm looking forward to seeing this car!  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
theredx19
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2009, 08:06:26 PM »

How did you get on today Blue850....

I haven't heard from my mechanic today, his last report was he had it going but its not running great.

Bring it down and we will do our normal magic and fix it in the carpark over a pint as every car that broke down in 2007 was fixed and driven home...
ros

« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2009, 08:28:40 PM »

seen as the weather is going to Grin smile on us lets hope there is a large contingent of fiats on display for the weekend

'76 1600s mirafiori & '79 Sport owner. Thurles Co. Tipperary Ireland
sport fan

« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2009, 10:17:37 PM »

you car have the use of a garage 1 mile outside town if needed, just
fill her up and come on down  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Sean ...... 1980 Fiat 127 Sport.
Kennedy of Sixmilebridge

all-italia.net

« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2009, 10:09:22 PM »

I'll hopefully see ye at the 10.30 depart from the hotel tomorrow Saturday.
If I'm late can I meet ye in Farranfore, which should be on the way for a trip from Killarney to Dingle...

Ye ARE going to Dingle tomorrow yea ?

Will some kind soul ring me if the itninary is or has already changed, please.

PS I heard thru the grapevine that the Carney men
will be arriving tomorrow at 3pm to the Hotel.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 10:29:04 PM by Kennedy of Sixmilebridge » Logged

all-italia.net
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2009, 04:46:12 PM »

This is just a quick update while I have an opportunity to get on line and post a few pics.

So far 17 (that number again) Fiats have attended including 11 Fiat 131s. Three new 131s to the group and welcome to Fintan, Pat and Dai (with his mate Moc). We are expecting a few more attendees tonight and are aiming for the magic 20 cars.

Irish Vintage Scene magazine attended in the morning so look out for a feature soon. Here is a pic of the group before setting off and some from our first stop at Inch beach.

Some Youtube footage from the beach...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBSAfWwtIKA

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 04:59:52 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
sport fan

« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2009, 09:19:39 AM »

once again a big thank you to Kevin for organising a great
weekend  with wonderful people ,cars and driving . enjoyed
every bit of it , looking forward to next year . Cheesy Grin and hopefully
more new friends and new cars to see .  Sean

Sean ...... 1980 Fiat 127 Sport.
eugene

« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2009, 01:15:40 PM »

Yes Sean,I second that.Thanks very much Kevin.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
Kennedy of Sixmilebridge

all-italia.net

« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2009, 01:55:25 PM »

A great weekend, and fast becoming a fixture on the Irish Fiat calender it seems.
Thank you for organising this Kevin Doyle.

Even driving into the car park of the Hotel saturday morning, I was saluted hello from 100 yards away !
There was a few photos by the Irish Vintage Scene staff photographer of the group and the cars parked up static and, as they pulled away for the Dingle run.

First stop at Inch Strand, and it was mooted to all to park on the beach for a photoshoot !!!???!!!
The almost universal first reaction to that idea was, that salt, sand, and Fiats don't mix, but after a few brave souls went down to check their differentials function by drawing massive rings on the sand,
all bar one vehicle eventually caputilated and went down for that very picturesque shot that Kevin posted.

We went for food in the Stonehouse restaurant beyond Dingle and Ventry out towards Slea head, and had great food, after begging the waiter about 6 times to take our order.
I got served with two meals such was the chaos, but had only ordered one, and only paid for one too !!

We "did" the Slea head drive and Seamus Mannix was trying to inform us about the significance of the vistas we were enjoying,  but all the drivers only wanted more road, and ignored poor Seamus until he got the hint !

On back thru' Dingle, where the thirsty made a beeline for the Hotel in Killarney and the drivers climbed Conor Pass, then back into Tralee at speed. We will make no mention of the poisionous petrol fumes I was breathing due to a porus 131 petrol tank sharing it's contents with the pax cabin of the 131 that I was passengering in, but suffice to say I ended up a high as a worker in a Tippex Factory.

Upon hitting Tralee, Seamus guided us onto the old Killarney road. We snuck over the Dingle mountains and cut out miles of road to get back into Killarney in record time.

That night we were treated to a presentation by Kerry Vintage Society who awarded spot prizes for
1. Youngest Newcomer, which went to Bob in his immaculate and unmolested 127.
2. Spirit of the Event, awarded to Lazarus who promtly gave 3 speeches in a row, and finally to
3. Hardest Luck, which went to the Conway man from Tralee, who broke down in Farranfore en-route to thedinner with a failed fuel pump, and a special thanks to Dave Nolan the Red X19 for attending this breakdown, even if he did drive an Alfa Romeo 166 to the event (traitor).

I wish there could have been a prize for everyone.

Sunday we eventually got going and I was employed as camera car to try to get a nice bit of footage.
but a culmination of many road factors and one 131 loosing power up the Healy pass ment that for this year at least, the legendary sight of four 131 Sports tearing up at full bore to the summit of Healy Pass was not to be...
Lets hope Kevins editing shows a better view than the one I saw out the back window,

On the summit of the pass instructions were passed to close the road at the other side of the pass, and 3 km of beautiful twisting tarmac was reserved exclusivly for the use of the Fiat men to create a bit of chase footage of them going full throttle up the other side of the pass. Again events transpried to scuttle that attempt when a car left the road on a hairpin.
We went down to push out the car and saw there was nearly zero damage to the vehicle.

All in all, a dramatic weekend of speed and mayhem.
Car of the Event for me was Anthony O'Hallorans 128-3P,
but many cars came close
I can't wait until next year.

Thank you for all warmth, the hospitality and chat lads and ladies.
It's a pity Gerry Kennedy was not here as would have loved every second of it.
It was heart warming to see his photo in Brendan O'Beirnes fab 13,1 a real nice and thoughtful touch.

Best regards, Graham.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 02:38:12 PM by Kennedy of Sixmilebridge » Logged

all-italia.net
brensport
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2009, 05:47:05 PM »

Just a few random pics of a very enjoyable weekend, pics of cars to follow later. Thanks to everyone who made the weekend so enjoyable. And thanks to my camera-woman Roisin who took these pics. Looking forward to the next Gerry Kennedy Memorial Run in the near future. Brensports.

* jse_IMG_1737.jpg (72.78 KB, 500x375 - viewed 461 times.)

* jse_IMG_1755.jpg (76.34 KB, 500x375 - viewed 459 times.)
brensport
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2009, 05:48:57 PM »

more

* jse_IMG_1793.jpg (79.61 KB, 500x375 - viewed 457 times.)

* jse_IMG_1796.jpg (73.33 KB, 500x375 - viewed 448 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.