Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:57:31 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 sport in need of tlc
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 sport in need of tlc  (Read 12228 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 09:14:20 PM »

I didn't say I did that! I said "had a couple of sills put on the car". It was shoddy work done by someone else and I never knew that the old rusty sills were still underneath until the sills were cut off.  As to what the grey one is really like, it shouldn't concern you as nobody other than me will own it and I am happy with both its condition and the work which I've had done to it.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
theredx19
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 09:38:18 AM »

Theo dont let Sid read that post but not bringing up the mot thing again but what is of concern to me is that people will do a repair like that after being paid as heaven forbid it was in an accident that car probably has the same or less structural rigidity then a cut and shut..... people who do repairs like that are criminal and should be dealt with by the law.....
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 10:20:56 AM »

You are of course right. It was shoddy workmanship and I said so. It was actually done by the MOT station "sills will cost you 60 quid a side" he said and I paid the money and got the MOT certificate. I can also tell you it was a company called Barwoods in North London who went out of business years ago. But let's remember that was over 10 years ago back in 1997 when it was common practice to fit "oversills". I believe Ireland didn't even have the NCT test in 1997. Was it not introduced in 2000 as part of the EU Directive that makes car testing compulsory in all member states? I am sure there's still bad work going on now but I'd like to think it's not as widespread as it was back then.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
theredx19
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 12:18:34 PM »

Yeah we got the "Test" in 2000 but we got the strictest one of any member states but my point is if this work is going people should be aware the car will crumple in a crash and how many of us would bring the kids and all out on a classic car spin.... beware of cheap bodges
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 04:53:06 PM »

The pictures on your site brought a lot of memories alive Theo! Cheesy
I remember I bought together with 2 friends a Racing back in 1989. It was by then also already rotten as a pear. We stripped the car and when the car was taken up it broke into half. Great that all the parts are saved, you also need parts to keep the good ones going Grin
And lucky us, we see at this great forum that there is still interest in these great square boxes Wink

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
gay131lover
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 03:30:40 PM »

i was so moved by that story i felt pain and tears in most words  a  book or film should be made  " 131 LOVE STORY" and adventures of cowboy garages
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.