Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:33:37 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  1600 Dome Top Pistons - Into a 2.0 Twin Cam ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1600 Dome Top Pistons - Into a 2.0 Twin Cam ?  (Read 14707 times)
t66

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 02:08:36 PM »

1600 pistons arrived today....

A quick check of my 2.0 pistons with the vernier across the skirt, coming in at 83.93

The 1600 ones are all in excellent nick and do not appear used, slight carbon build up on the crown the rest are immaculate in light oil.

They are all comfortably measuring 84.5/6 mm across the skirt.

Trying not to get too optomistic I need to measure a few more things and see if this hare brain plan comes together.....

The replies have been a good help everyone thanks....

Wink
Tas131

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 11:00:55 PM »

tas131 makes sense there & if you do get a new set of rings please post where they can be bought.

I bought standard rings and bearings from Turin imports, Adelaide, Australia about 3 years ago. I wasn't aware that they're hard to come by!

http://www.turinimports.com.au/

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
t66

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 11:42:35 PM »

I suppose it depends where you are, Im in the UK where Guy Croft is the main man , I was using Vick Autoparts in Texas however they have had supply problems from Europe.

So I have yet to find a dealer Im happy with based on cost & exchange rate.

Everything in the UK is expensive, it is cheaper by a long way to purchase & import parts from Vick in Texas who is supplied from Europe. Ironic the parts I order sail past the UK and then get shipped back at lower cost than if I bought them direct from Europe...

If that makes sense....

sid131

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 07:37:30 AM »

well if they were coming to rip-off Ireland from the states the customs & excise people would require a fair amount of euros before they release them to you, i got hit with ?86 euro import duty for a part that cost $45 B@@t@@ds
theredx19
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 09:53:06 PM »

You have to laugh at customs as they tried to charge me duty on a set of wheels for a Ferrari and that was coming from a member state....
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.