Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 08:31:12 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Genuine Irish Abarth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Genuine Irish Abarth  (Read 9099 times)
theredx19
« on: September 12, 2009, 08:38:13 PM »

Well I know this should be in the seek them we seek them there section but I think this is more a general discussion. Was talking to some of the older Fiat Ireland people during the week and telling them of the GK event to which one of them told me about a 131 Abarth which Fiat Ireland had in the day and I am wondering does anyone know of its where abouts as the only thing is it was driven on trade plates for demos as the Motor Tax office could not work out the rate of tax on it but I know that they did end up with some interesting stuff in Fiat at the time as I remember the father having pretty much one off cars in the day. So if any one knows of any info on this car as remember it is from a time when many dealers kept the special cars in storage and never registered them.
brensport
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 09:08:43 PM »

Dave i seem 2 remember   r umers about that machine but i did not take it for real  imagine if this car exists somewhare what it would be worth Cool Cool 8
eugene

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 06:13:51 AM »

Well,if it is a genuine Abarth,it would be LHD.That should make it easier to find Roll Eyes.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
20vturbo

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 03:31:15 PM »

how would it make it easier to find after 30 years?
eugene

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 03:35:44 PM »

Because 99.99% of cars in Eire are RHD.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
theredx19
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 08:07:23 PM »

Well Eugene just about all the sports cars and one offs we had were lhd and a few even came registered to Fiat Torino so they even had TO plates on them but this car was unregistered as I know that Fiat had a 124 abarth around the same time as the dad use to have it but we never minded the lhd thing....
brensport
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 08:45:09 PM »

Eugune i think ure on something unless the north star is shineing down on it  how would it be easeir 2 find a lhd than a rhd i agree fully with 20v turbo Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
eugene

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 06:41:08 AM »

Well,if it was LHD it should jog a persons mind more easier,because of the steering wheel being on the incorrect side,also a LHD in Eire sticks out like a sore thumb Roll Eyes.Eugene

theredx19
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 11:16:25 PM »

LHD is the euro norm as we are "wrong" with RHD but back in those days there would have been few people who could get near a car like that on the road to see where the wheel was and it would have been kept fairly well hidden when parked up....
20vturbo

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 02:24:27 PM »

well with it being lhd,did it jog your memory?
theredx19
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 07:21:04 PM »

The 131 abarth was before my time but I know the dad had a 124 abarth when they were launched but the lhd never sticks in my mind as we had that many of them...
theredx19
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 06:17:27 PM »

Well the holy graile has been found but the owner has asked for no more information to be passed on but that it is in "new" condition and located in the border counties.....
eugene

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 06:35:11 PM »

Having seen what theredx19 has written at the bottom of his posts(MORE FIATS THEN MOST PEOPLE HAVE HAD HOT DINNERS) all i can do is laugh Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Grin Grin ;Dand with all his Fiats he is planning in coming to a classic Fiat event in a Beamer or a Jag(See another post where he says this).Could you bring the Lada Niva Huh Roll Eyes,because it is a cousin of Fiat Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes,but a Beamer or a Jag has no relationship in anyway whatsoever with Fiat.By the way,this event is not taking place on April the 1st Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ;)Eugene

alan.acs

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 06:41:58 PM »

Well theredx19 glad its been found pity it cant be viewed but at least its safe and well.

theredx19
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 06:56:46 PM »

Having seen what theredx19 has written at the bottom of his posts(MORE FIATS THEN MOST PEOPLE HAVE HAD HOT DINNERS) all i can do is laugh Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Grin Grin ;Dand with all his Fiats he is planning in coming to a classic Fiat event in a Beamer or a Jag(See another post where he says this).Could you bring the Lada Niva Huh Roll Eyes,because it is a cousin of Fiat Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes,but a Beamer or a Jag has no relationship in anyway whatsoever with Fiat.By the way,this event is not taking place on April the 1st Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ;)Eugene

The Lada Niva had nothing to do with Fiat as it was Ladas own design thought you might know that as the Riva was the only Fiat inspired Lada  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes but I have checked my calander and April is another few months away but if you want to know none of my classics have rear seat belts as I was going to bring my new family so an XJ would have been a perfect car for the trip  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked but does this not belong in the GK09 thread as I will be there and in a car that Gerry would have approved of none of this russian stuff that gave Fiat the cancer Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 07:27:09 PM by theredx19 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.