Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:13:39 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  NPG 25W
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NPG 25W  (Read 16562 times)
sid131

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 08:09:54 PM »

Hi Sev131 i see you have been bred Fiat & it seem to be in the blood, but do you ever stray to another marquee? my Dad had a lot of Fiats & Fords then discovered Toyotas & everyone in the family now drives Toyotas including myself, but i have the 131 sport disease & thats incurable Grin Grin Grin Grin
Sev131

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 11:03:24 PM »

Hi Sev131 i see you have been bred Fiat & it seem to be in the blood, but do you ever stray to another marquee? my Dad had a lot of Fiats & Fords then discovered Toyotas & everyone in the family now drives Toyotas including myself, but i have the 131 sport disease & thats incurable Grin Grin Grin Grin

Hi mate, your right i am born and bred with Fiats! It all started when my grandad emigrated from Kenya in around 1970 bringing his 1500c with him. My dad still go's on about how he use to burn off 1600cc fords in Leicester! The engine was rebuilt by my grandad in the 60's and was very strong.

A street in Derby where my gran still lives use to share a T reg 1600tc, R reg 1600 special, W reg 1600tc, T reg sport, X reg 2000tc super, one year old A reg super and my dads brand new B reg super.

All these cars were parked together at weekends when my dads brothers and brother in law used to vist my granparents! I've got some pics somewhere and will post them asap. I still actually remember haing a day off from primary school to help my uncle put a 131 sport kit on a 1600 special!

Twenty years on plus, my dad and me are the only ones who have kept interest in these awesome cars, although my dads weekend motor is a bmw 740i. I've had a few e36 beemers in the past and the usual fiesta's, metro, astra gte's etc, but had to have another 131 sport in good time. Funny enough my school mates still remember my dads super and black sport and this is going back 16years.

Idealy I need to find an all round fuel/family saloon soon, probally a 520d sport bmw 02reg onwards, as the car I bought my wife is the most uncomfortable boring car ever bought. I did only pay ?1100 with 19k on her 2 years ago tho! Very reliable and a nice orange colour.....ok it's a Vreg Almera 1.6 16v! No street cred, she hates it! lol!

I would like one of these too, evo 2 integrale, civic type r, punto abarth or a 500 abarth with the essesse pack!
sid131

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 07:57:12 AM »

Hi Sev everyone seems to remember the 131 sport & any visitors i have in the house ii show them the garage & the 131 on its side at the back & i am always asked "whats that?" & where did you get one of those!! eyes wide open, so there is a great interest out there for these cars & i can only hope that they will go up in value for the good ones cos when i am finished my car it will have cost a bomb,
you are pretty lucky in the Uk as far as taxing a large car, we are robbed every year with the wifes celica its a 1.8 & costs over ?500 to tax, the 2.0 Gti its over ?600 so 1.0 yaris would be the cheap option & absolutely no street cred even with alloys! lol!!
hammerbeirne

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 04:30:28 PM »

Hi Sev everyone seems to remember the 131 sport & any visitors i have in the house ii show them the garage & the 131 on its side at the back & i am always asked "whats that?" & where did you get one of those!! eyes wide open, so there is a great interest out there for these cars & i can only hope that they will go up in value for the good ones cos when i am finished my car it will have cost a bomb,
you are pretty lucky in the Uk as far as taxing a large car, we are robbed every year with the wifes celica its a 1.8 & costs over ?500 to tax, the 2.0 Gti its over ?600 so 1.0 yaris would be the cheap option & absolutely no street cred even with alloys! lol!!
I agree nick tax is way too much in ireland I have a91 prelude 2.2 vtec and a97 camry 2.2 and the tax ismore than the cars are worth Shocked
131NZ

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 10:26:39 PM »

$247 nz a year  road tax  for any car here.  Its a lot less if car is over 30 years old. Grin   Thats  114GBP or 124Euro.  Shocked

I,m Paul and I,m an expat Scot living in N.Z.? A? former owner of SFS 639V.
sid131

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 07:11:26 AM »

well Ireland is good for something then as road tax for a vintage & veteran class (over 30 years old) is ?48 euro per annum, & the vehicle is exempt from the National car test (Nct) our mot.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.