Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:25:30 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Italian Car Day - Midlands
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Italian Car Day - Midlands  (Read 10697 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: June 19, 2007, 08:54:06 PM »

Here is the text advertising the event...

Theres been a lot of interest from italian car enthusiasts on arranging another get together this summer. So here is what we have in mind.

Sunday 5th August 2007 (AFAIK thats the bank holiday weekend)

We'll meet in the car park at the Abbey Court hotel in Nenagh, Co Tipperary (just off the N7) on Sunday morning and just chill/talk cars/take photos until we have everybody together.

From here we'll travel to Ballina/Killaloe and stop for a short break/photo opportunity.

We'll then travel onwards to Scariff and then to Mount Shannon where we'll stop for lunch and have time for a walkabout and take in the views.

Then, if we have enough interest, we'll travel onwards to Tynagh Karting Track for a session on the track for all those who are up for it, and the others can spectate/have a laugh.

After this, we'll travel via Portumna to view a private collection of rare cars, kindly permitted by their owner. The collection includes:- Lancia Stratos, Lancia 037, Fiat 131 Abarth, Delta integrale, Peugeot 205T16, amongst others. . .

Then we'll travel via Terryglass, Ballinderry, & Puckane, until we arrive back in Nenagh at the Abbey Court hotel.

So, as you can see, a good spacious meet up point just off the main Dublin-Limerick road, some nice driving roads to give the cars a spin on, beautiful picturesque views of the Irish countryside as most of the drive is by the shoreline of Lough Derg, and a rare opportunity to view some automotive living legends. . . Something for everyone I hope.

We've already had a lot of interest from loads of italian car owners who are up for it and hopefully it will act as a prelude to something much bigger next year.

So, who's up for it ?

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 06:30:02 AM »

You got my hopes up with this Kev as I assumed you meant the Midlands of England Undecided.

Still, I'll see how my calendar looks around that period - but unfortunately the ferry is likely to be extremely expensive. Angry Still, I'll try to be there - sounds like a lot of fun! Grin Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
mccabe131

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 07:08:45 AM »

Hi Kev,great idea,i have already startsd to get MARY FOLEY  Grin ready.Hopefully i will have new shocks fitted by then as well Tongue.looking forward to meeting the 131 gang again. Wink Wink.may get other have to bring my alfa as well, if she agrees  Huh Huh.

Mick McCabe Kilkenny 1979 131 racing, 1980 1993 Fiat tipo sedicivalvole, 1989 1990 fiesta xr2i, 1991 sierra cosworth 4x4,1983 M B 300 GD,
martyk
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 09:06:34 PM »

sounds like fun glad to hear mick has invested in some new shocks  Grin Grin Grin hope i still have my car by then a few intrested parties
Tristan

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 08:01:47 PM »

All fired up in this house too Kev , have you been to that Karting track? It's used for Rallysprints , in case anyone was thinking its only a Mickey Mouse affair , AFAIK its about 3/4- 1 km in length . And plenty wide , with loads of run off..... If it rains , we should go out on the Karts , some of the best 4 wheel fun you can have.
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 05:52:09 PM »

Sounds great - Not sure how much support there is for it though - Deltona (John) seems to be struggling to get on line support on Octane.IE

Maybe another post from yourself describing the track might generate some additional interest. Huh

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Tristan

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 08:33:50 PM »

Not really Octanes thing is it..... What other forums have ye mentioned it on?
Tristan

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 08:52:32 PM »

right gang, did some research , here's a link to the track , and it's close to a mile long! http://www.pallaskarting.com/tracks.html

Kev / Simon , with your blessing , do you want me to post this on Driver.ie ? Decent Italian car following there...

* pallaskarting.jpg (48.73 KB, 709x392 - viewed 539 times.)
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 09:38:33 PM »

Looks good T.

This event is John Purcell's idea (Deltona) and he is running a thread on the subject on Octane.IE - The value in you posting on there was to lend support - particularly for the karting which is struggling for support I think. Look in the classic car section. Smiley

By all means advertise on other Forums - John is keen to get the word spread far and wide. The more the merrier. Are you and your Dad prepared if 30+ cars turn up? If the day is fine I would not be surprised if there is a big turnout!? Shocked Wink

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Tristan

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2007, 10:32:39 PM »

Ah yeah , should be ok... we had the (whisper it.. Grin) Ford RSOC group here before , and the (whisper it , again.. Cheesy) the Vauxhall/Opel Club of Ireland here another day...
I'll copy and paste to Driver.ie so .
Tristan

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 04:40:47 PM »

Who's actually organising this? Is it still going ahead? And is the track confirmed? Will we need helmets , or rollcages or whatever?
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 05:56:10 PM »

Hi Tristan

As far as I know the event is still going ahead - Organiser is John Purcell - Full details on the classic car section of Octane.ie.

Looks a like big turn out from the list of attendees! Hope you have a big parking space T!  Wink

Not sure about the go karting event - Probably dependant on the number of people who have expressed an interest on that thread.

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Tristan

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 10:33:43 PM »

I'm not on Octane .. and for reasons not to be gone into here i won't be registering there. Can you copy and relevantdetails there , to here Kevin?
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 06:41:40 AM »

Hi Tristan - I've sent you an e-mail directly and I'll try to copy and paste the list of attendees here when I log on from work - I have trouble accessing the octane site from home.

Cheers

Kev

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Tristan

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2007, 11:49:24 AM »

Cheers Kev...by the way does the Abbey Court know there's gonna be such a big crowd? Although they do have a huge parking area...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.