Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:30:58 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  mk2 supermirafiori for sale
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: mk2 supermirafiori for sale  (Read 27541 times)
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2009, 08:43:18 PM »

Having seen the photos,that car needs a strip down,then put on a roller chassis jig and all the rotten bits cut out and new metal pieces welded in properly.To be honest,one would want to get that car for free with the amount of work that has to be carried out on the car.There are rotten bits that will show up later,which one can't see now.This is only my opinion ::)Eugene

I agree too Eugene, however, in todays climate it is very unlikely you would get a Super and especially a Sport for free! My friend sold a LWB nissan Terrano on ebay today and it made less than ?350. Much less than this rusty Super will sell for Roll Eyes

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009, 10:56:06 AM »

Rubish.....a quick good welder could have them 4 rotten bits cut out welded up and mot ed  in week. then you can actual use the blo*****  thing on the road and not sit in a garage sritped down for months if not years on end ..
 get out and use these cars thats what they there for ,,and enjoy Roll Eyes
 i hate consours- y  pampering types too afraid to use it in case its get damaged or scrached or heaven forbid get dirty or wet Grin

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 11:13:15 AM »

Problem is if you do that the chances are the car will continue to rust away and end up rotten and probably scrapped in a few years. If these cars are to be saved in the long term they need to be restored properly.

I also like cars to be used but also you have to try and ensure their long term survival.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
sam22

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 03:46:21 PM »

i agree with you there dave, do it right the first time and you have a decent car for years,after that hopefully it should only need regular maintaince, and use the car whenever you wish
sid131

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2009, 08:14:57 PM »

well sam22 we know what usually comes out of the Uk Undecided Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
sam22

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2009, 04:17:35 PM »

well bidding has ended and the car sold for 921 pounds, nice money, any one on here buy her. nick i will post more about my car when she is totally finished Wink
eugene

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2009, 05:53:52 PM »

Completely way over priced.Maybe when the buyer comes to collect it and sees the condition it is in,maybe he or she won't take and then it will be re-listed.Remember the wine series 1 that was for sale in Wales a while back,it made a big price first time,second time when re-listed it only made one eight'th of the first price.Anyway best of luck to the purchaser Roll Eyes.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2009, 07:28:02 PM »

Yes, cars are made to be driven. I am more the concours type, drive my cars carefully in the good period of year.  But Jason, I remember you a while ago about a tiny little blemish on your car Huh
The money is high for this car in my opinion. I also know that 2nd series Supers are scarce, already LHD but even more RHD but this car needs serious work and the interior is not "Super" in condition.
I wish the new owner good luck!

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »

yes the blemish  ,one more adding  to all the others but on a total unblemishged bit  Sad
 the guy at the garage said someone offered ?900 to take it off ebay. there just arn't
 enough economicaly salvagable 131 left
 good luck to someone and we might see it in germany next year
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 08:35:51 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2009, 07:21:11 AM »

Sold for ?921 - which seems rather a lot to me regardless of how rare it might be Undecided Seems the credit crunch has passed some people by - lucky them.

It's fast getting to the point where the costs associated with my favourite Classic Car hobby are turning me into an "internet watcher" rather than a 'buyer' Cry Looks like I'll struggle to buy a replacement for my Racing as I don't appear to be able to afford the prices these days. Sad

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
sid131

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 09:48:30 AM »

Rubish.....a quick good welder could have them 4 rotten bits cut out welded up and mot ed  in week. then you can actual use the blo*****  thing on the road and not sit in a garage sritped down for months if not years on end ..
 get out and use these cars thats what they there for ,,and enjoy Roll Eyes
 i hate consours- y  pampering types too afraid to use it in case its get damaged or scrached or heaven forbid get dirty or wet Grin

Hi Jason although not exactly the concourse type myself getting away from standard, i kind of come as you described i dont like getting my celica wet or dirty but if that happens then a good clean is in order i do however use it when its good weather & it does get driven hard but after 5 years & almost ?20k spent i think you would be reluctant to use it in bad weather, now my 131 is getting the same treatment & will probably cost less than the celica but still a lot of money so it will be used in the same way & will probably be pampered also Wink Wink
MF 131

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 08:18:22 PM »

Hi Nick.Agree with you ,has 4 wheels and they were designed to go round. The Fiat motors were designed to go hard..I use mine to its full potential.As you will see when i get around to the Utube run in mode.BUT don't like to see it Dirty.Go Hard, Go Fast,.Agood wash and polish and do it all over again. Cheers Gary

Gary Want.Mid life crisis to restore 131R.Also YamahaXS 650 Not to many 131Rs down under but plenty of rust
markwilliams131

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2009, 09:16:12 PM »

well i hear the new owner is verry happy with it

131 sport x 4  lancia beta volumex coupe rover sd1 vitesse mini 1275gt
mk2 golf gti  1.9 205 gti   opel omega mv6     alfa 156
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2009, 10:58:31 PM »

Great the new owner is happy, I am happy too Grin Grin

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
sid131

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 08:04:21 AM »

tell us more Mark
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.