Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:22:10 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  centre propshaft mount
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: centre propshaft mount  (Read 53424 times)
miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 03:57:31 PM »

Djape!

Please go on !!

This is most interesting !!!

Miro
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 04:01:18 PM by miro-1980 » Logged

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
djape1977

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 08:06:10 PM »

Thanks for your nice words Eugene,
But why you are talking about Lada parts and modifiying them to fit 131s.
I have almost every part and cheap prices.No need modifying,high quality parts.etc...
Djape,you are talking about making the engine mounts,window rubbers,etc,I have these parts at the stock.

sorry pal, i really don't mean to spoil your business.
i know that you have 90% of parts available new and in same quality as fiat ricambi originali, but postage costs are really high when you need some small bits and pieces. also, when a part fails, it;'s often impossible to wait for 10-15 days for parts to arrive. you'll always have a lot of customers here, since i'm not aware of any other supplier that can provide wings, doors, chais legs, bonnets etc...

engine mounts don't need to be modified, only gearbox mount.

@david - what part is that, i don't recognise the drawing?

front wheel bearings should be the same on lada and 131, i'll have the info in a day or two since i have to change wheel bearings on my lada.

brake master cilinder is the same for lada and 131
complete brake servo from lada can be fitted with 5 minutes modification. servo from 132 is the same as for 131.

get a bigger hammer!
Yagmur

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 09:27:45 PM »

Hi Djape,
I have never been thought that you spoil my business,it is impossible for you to do it as my country is full of high quality and cheap Fiat parts,also be sure that this is not my main business.This is my hobby business because of my love in 131s.All I want is to help 131 fans.Otherwise I should ask twice prices as they are rare items now.Try to find some rare parts ,can you supply???
And becarefull of your words,think twice before writing something,you are writing wrong infos.
Where do you live???Do you know anything about European shipping costs.!!!!
My postage costs are very very cheap and takes max.7 days to UK.And also ıf somebody needs some parts urgently I can send with "TNT" in 24 hours (next day)adress delivery.
I only mentioned in my last message that as I have original 131 parts,why need to get Lada parts,without quality.
cheers
djape1977

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 12:42:35 AM »

hey, slow down!
what wrong info's? i write only about the parts i've used myself.

i never said your prices are too high or YOUR shipping costs are high. i've sent a 1,5 kilo package over half a europe today and the postage was 25euro for an item worth around 15e!!! shipping is expensive anywhere. imagine sending a 10e part and paying 25e for shipping? does it make sense if you can get the par locally? even if it's a lada part?

rare parts? let me see... how 'bout whole sides for 2dr mirafiori? doors for 2dr 131? rhd steering racks? anyone interested?

you do have many rare and usefull parts and i only wish there were more parts dealers like you around.

you be carefull of your words.
why do you have the need to comment on this "what fits from what" story? if you have some usefull info please supply it here.

i don't sell parts and i don't make my living on cars at all. this is a fanclub and one of the points of having a fanclub is to provide help and usefull info for members. all in all to make life with our 131's easyer

so, on with the lada parts story...

as i said, engine and gearbox mounts

rear crankshaft oring is the same as for TC engine and for 2.5l diesel. what about OHV?

oil pump and oil pump drive gear. same as on TC 1800engine, diferent than 2.000. what about 1600?

oil cap - the same
dipstick seal - the same
oil filter - the same
oil pressure warning light switch - the same, currently on my engine one from 2,5l alfa 156!

radiator - old type for lada (copper core) 5minute job to fit it to 131

radiator - new type, alu-plastic, post 1998. 10 min job. better cooling. usual price in eastern europe is around 50e.
rubber bits that go below radiator - the same

thermostat - requires some fiddling aroud the water hoses. my 131 is currently running on lada thermostat

steering rack. nothig in common with 131, yet, the old type, one for lada 2101, 2102, 2103, 2106 is the same as on fiat 124

steering bits and pieces - nothing in common with 131. short tie rod ends are the same as for 124, 125, 132 and argenta. everything else is same as for 124

lower ball joints same for 124, 132, argenta. everything else same as for 124 sedan/familiare. 124 coupe and spider are somewhat diferent

ruber bushings for anty roll bar are the same for pretty much any fiat/zastava/lada. on my lada and 131 are from autobianchi a112

rear suspension is very simmilar as on 131. almost everything can be used on 131

enoug for tonight, before my girlfriend kills me  Grin
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 12:48:26 AM by djape1977 » Logged

get a bigger hammer!
david

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 07:58:01 AM »

djape,  RE your question this part is the brake rear load valve which is the same as 131

* load valve.jpg (49.14 KB, 1426x916 - viewed 1786 times.)
david

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 08:07:59 AM »

Re the parts drawing of Lada block and the rear end cap gasket 2101-100515 this looks exactly the same as fiat twin cam gasket and was unavailable from fiat years ago when I asked...
djape1977

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 08:29:58 AM »

didn't recognize the load valve. i usually just bypass it if it fails...
rear end cap gasket and cap might be the same, i never bothered to compare the two, but i did use the rear crankshaft seal on my 132 1800 and on my 132 2500diesel

as i said, rer end is very simmilar to 131. i can't confirm the control arms lenghts as yet.

get a bigger hammer!
david

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 09:13:35 AM »

Re this load valve, I once had one of these that unbeknown to me had seized, anyway I was braking hard from 120mph in a 131 sport because of something in front of me and the rear end locked which isnt good at this speed, had massive side slaps from side to side, can remember thinking this is hospital if im lucky or dead if im not, anyway on the last side slap to the right it nudged into a centre reservation with heavy hedging and small trees and managed to level the car out and can remember the speedo was still on 70mph. So I always check these load valves on a regular basis now and make sure they are adjusted correctly as I dont want a reoccurance of that. David
djape1977

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 07:03:53 PM »

well, on all my cars i run extra wide soft compound tyres, 205 minimum for the rear end, so that kind of problems is very rare. also, on 132 1800 rear discs are standard, and on 2500diesel i fitted rear discs so brake balance is diferent anyway. on lada i have lowered the car, fitted 7*13 rims and 205 tyres, so again, no problems there even withouth brake load valve. rear discs are in the making for lada and for 131.

front spindle and bearing:
spindle - nothing to do with 131. can be fitted to 124, 125, 132
front wheel bearing kit - as i said, should be the same as 131. will know in a day or two.

get a bigger hammer!
david

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 08:23:59 PM »

the nut for the bearing probably same and on the earlier pic sump plug probably same 12mm allen key as 131 and all fiats then
djape1977

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2009, 12:58:58 AM »

yup. i forgot that. sump plug is the same, gearbox oil plug and differential oil plug also.
for usa members, ruber bushings for anty roll bar from Yugo also fit 131

brake servo can be easyly modified to fit 131. red marked part needs to be cut off 131 servo and welded instead of original lada coupling. i've done that already but the other way around. i've fitted a fiat 132 servo on my lada.

as i've said, master brake cylinder can be bolted on 131 servo unit. red mark is where rear brake line attaches to lada master and yellow is where 131 rear brake line is attached. a bit of gymnastics with brake lines is needed. thread on the nut at the end of brake lines is the same as on all old fiats. brake master cyl. from 124, 125, 128, 132, argenta is also usable with more or less fiddling with the pipes.

brake lines, hoses and couplings from lada are 90% same as on 131. one wouldn't make a mistake buying a whole brake line set for lada. it can be fitted to 131 with very little mods.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:02:00 AM by djape1977 » Logged

get a bigger hammer!
david

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2009, 01:58:51 AM »

yes, brake pipe unions the same as 131 up to late 82 as you say, coarse thread BN8 type
sid131

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »

yup. i forgot that. sump plug is the same, gearbox oil plug and differential oil plug also.
for usa members, ruber bushings for anty roll bar from Yugo also fit 131

brake servo can be easyly modified to fit 131. red marked part needs to be cut off 131 servo and welded instead of original lada coupling. i've done that already but the other way around. i've fitted a fiat 132 servo on my lada.

as i've said, master brake cylinder can be bolted on 131 servo unit. red mark is where rear brake line attaches to lada master and yellow is where 131 rear brake line is attached. a bit of gymnastics with brake lines is needed. thread on the nut at the end of brake lines is the same as on all old fiats. brake master cyl. from 124, 125, 128, 132, argenta is also usable with more or less fiddling with the pipes.

brake lines, hoses and couplings from lada are 90% same as on 131. one wouldn't make a mistake buying a whole brake line set for lada. it can be fitted to 131 with very little mods.

Hi Djape1977 i wouldnt recommend welding that piece on, remember ayrton sennas steering? better get it threaded & bolt it on, thats what i would do anyway, Sid.
djape1977

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2009, 11:21:15 AM »

i already welded it 4-5 months ago and it's working fine. i've had couple of close calls cince then, where i had to brake VERY hard, and the weld held up.
of course, you shouldn't just tack it, it requires a serious weld. when done properly, welded parts are stronger than mterial itself. if you got it treaded and bolted on, you would have to reduce thicknes of material, therefore reducing its strength.
and don't forget the cooling, water will do fine. if you don't cool it while welding, the heat will transfer to the inside of servo and damage all the plastic and rubber pieces inside

get a bigger hammer!
david

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2009, 05:54:28 PM »

Re the earlier Lada, say 1980 to whenever the exterior door handles where same design as mk1 & mk2 131 so the lock barrels must be the same only the ones on Lada site are later seperate design
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.