Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 09:24:59 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Spring Rates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spring Rates  (Read 5943 times)
mick131

« on: June 22, 2007, 08:31:20 AM »

Does anyone have any idea what fast road spring rates should be ?, (and perhaps what standard versions where ? ), I seem to have the idea of 225LB front and 180LB on the rear would suffice.

I have been talking to a firm nearby who says they can make any spec of spring for me for about ?200 delivered, does that sound reasonable ?.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
Walezy

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »

I do not know the rate but what i use in my rallycar is front springs from FSO Polonez truck(polish car), springs have 14mm wire and are very simmilar to 131 springs. Suspension is for sure stiffer but the car does not jump on every bump. Price for one spring in Poland is about 30pounds(roughly as i have bought them some time ago and do not know if the prices have changed). shipping by economy mail will not be too expensive.

Alan

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 12:27:24 PM »

Mick, I was speaking with a chap that rallies a 131, he uses 225 LB in the front and 170 LB in the back.
He tells me the ride is firm but not harsh once on the move.
These are the spring rates I am planning to use in mine, so who ever gets them in first can let us all know!
 Wink
krishtiano

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 02:01:14 PM »

Thanks alan...will remember those number when im doing my springs

Hunting my country for a sport!
Malaysia
mick131

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 04:33:09 PM »

Cheers all,

I don't think I'll be able to check the ride for a while as she's in bits at the moment, so you'll probably beat me to it Alan !!.

Will make sure they can manufacture the springs at the aforementioned rates and let you know the email address if needed.

PS - Alan, met up with Hicky ( Wayne ) last night, we went for a blast in his Sport....brought back some nice memories  Grin

Mick Wilson
mick131

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 07:20:46 PM »

Just found the email address for the company that can make coils springs :-

coilsprings@saturnworks.fsnet.co.uk

Got my original sums wrong ...... "?145 + VAT/delivered, any spec".

Am meeting with Wayne tomorrow so will quiz him as well.

Mick Wilson
TOAD

Green Eye Motorsport - Home Of The Toad

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 07:17:06 PM »

Just found the email address for the company that can make coils springs :-

coilsprings@saturnworks.fsnet.co.uk

Got my original sums wrong ...... "?145 + VAT/delivered, any spec".

Am meeting with Wayne tomorrow so will quiz him as well.

I know this is very old, but I found these people gave VERY poor service and the springs they delivered when they did arrive were not ether the rid height or poundage judging by there fitted softness.   Supposed to have been sport rears, standard rid height + 30% on the poundage, car is low and soft as * * *k    going to go to Falkner springs. 

Beware.

Video of Big Toad Build up.   www.youtube.co.uk/evotoad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.