Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:30:27 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  brakes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: brakes  (Read 3962 times)
Andy c

« on: June 29, 2007, 07:25:07 PM »

when out jollyingin the car it started pulling to the left so trip back to work i find the o/s/f caliper
seals gone,so to keep me mobile i fitted the one off the rust bucket(knowing it could be just as bad
after been standing around for a few years) but worth a go,it lasted about half a hour.
so i am in need of a o/s/f caliper can anyone help.
was also thinking about up rateing the front brakes has anyone any ideas on this. 

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Tas131

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 11:08:34 AM »

6 months late on this one, but don't you blokes rebuild your calipers? Seal kits are readily available over here. I put a set of regatta 100S discs and calipers on mine, 257mm diameter instead of the standard 240mm (I think). A banjo bolt from the regatta rear caliper is required to fit the 131 brake hose to the regatta front caliper as the 131 banjo bolt thread pitch is different. The regatta calipers bolt straight up to the 131 stub axle and the fiat spacer plate is not required to get the same wheel offset. It all cost me about $350 I think, for new discs, second hand calipers, new seal kits and a set of EBC greenstuff pads. It improved the front brakes a huge amount, a downside though is 13" wheels will no longer fit.

Cheers,

Mick.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
parrish

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 02:05:47 PM »

Fiat Uno Turbo Calipers and disks are a straight forward swop.
Easier to get spares.
Same problem as the Regatta option, the front standard 13" rims wont fit, im not too sure what the clearence problems really are but a thin spacer may be a solution.
Steve
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 02:08:20 PM by parrish » Logged

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
Tas131

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 08:48:34 PM »

Fiat Uno Turbo Calipers and disks are a straight forward swop.
Easier to get spares.

This would have been my preferred option, but we didn't get the Uno over here. I could have got an Uno setup from New Zealand, but it would have cost more and then freight across the ditch on top.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.