Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:56:32 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Fiat 131 Sport/Racing Factory Colours
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiat 131 Sport/Racing Factory Colours  (Read 15646 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: August 25, 2007, 08:31:53 PM »

Time and again this subject provokes not a little debate so I thought I would offer up scanned copies of the Fiat colour chart for the car. It is dated 7/79.

Now it is quite comprehensive and it includes the colour combinations of all of the versions that I have personally seen either in person or in the net,....EXCEPT those elusive orange and green bumpered versions.

As discussed on another thread one theory is that these were for the Asian market and I've seen a green bumpered grey car racing in Australia.

I've also come across the attached advert showing an orange bumpered car - Grey body again.

If the colour chart is to be believed orange and green bumpers were not made, this is contradicted by the Fiat 131 Sport brochure and most recently Albert's list of part numbers for the 6 bumper colours (Black, Grey, Blue, Beige, Orange & Green).

Note the explanatory diagram on the first page indicating which parts of the car the colour relates to. Something that I'm not sure is widely known (although I think Albert made reference to this) is that the seatbelts and front seat covers (if fitted) and bumpers were all the same colour - Which is another small point of unoriginality on my car to be resolved - Black bumpers and silver/grey seat belts!? Sad

So where does this leave the debate? Gloriously unresolved which means we can continue arguing over it indefinitely !!!? Grin Grin Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 08:43:00 PM »

Let's go on searching for cars in this colours. Nice that the silvergrey with blue bumper combination is in the colour card! That's also the only one we saw in real life till now. Nice advertise!

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 09:36:51 PM »

The Walter R?hrl version in black had also the beige bumpers!  Picture later, I have the brochure, but there must be a nice advertise around with this cars!

bellamacchina  Albert

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 09:38:28 PM »

In the UK the 131 Sport was originally available in three colours only: Orange and Silver with Black interior and Gunmetal Grey with the option of black or red interior. Later (1981 I think) black was also introduced. The colour chart below is taken from a 1980 brochure. Some people claim that black was only introduced because they had to respray rusting cars before they sold them! I am sure that's not true as black is the one colour that would show all body imperfections. In fact if they were to respray rusting cars then Silver would be a better choice. The fact that different presses were used to make some of the Sport panels (hence the difference in the front wings to the rest of the 131 range) would imply that Fiat always intended them to be available in black and possibly were always available in other markets.

* 131colours.jpg (32.37 KB, 196x597 - viewed 2527 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 06:49:23 PM »

Today I checked the press release I have from the 131 Racing. Nice it's named Racing as it's the German version(in Germany the car was later also named Sport) It is dated 24-6-1978. There is also a 4 side A4 in german and french and in my example is a letter from the dutch importer who tells the car is deliverable early july 1978 in orange and gunmetal. The pressrelease is interesting as it tells literally:
(About bumpers and lower bodywork components:)
F?nf verschiedene Farbkombinationen sind dabei m?glich, die alle dem Racing eine sympatische pers?nliche Note verleihen: silbergrau und dunkelgrau(erh?ltlich in Verbindung sowohl mit der orangefarbigen wie der graphitgrauen-mit Glanzeffekt-Karosserie), sowie mittelblau, gr?n und orange(nur f?r die graphitgraue Karosserie)

Translated: 5 different paintcombinations are possible which all give the Racing a sympatic personal note. Silver and dark grey(say black) possible to order with both orange and gun metalgrey bodywork.Glanzeffekt means metallic. As well as midblue, green and orange in combination with the gun metal grey body.

This is from the official release. That means that a silvergrey body was not available from the beginning. About the green and orange bumpers they are clear, deliverable from the beginning. BUT, it brings another question, they say the gunmetal car was deliverable with blue bumpers,A new question comes up as we expected that combination was only possible with a silvergrey body. Oh, not a single word about the coloured seatbelts, that I also will find out on the microfilm.

The story continues.....

bellamacchina  Albert

neckar fan

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 05:43:45 PM »

Very interesting, I also have the colour range, but with different numbers at the end. Mine is dated 12/79 and colour number 601 is not on it. I will take pictures as soon as possible!

Fiat 131 Racing 1979, Fiat 127 Sport 1300, 1983, Neckar 850 Adria 1966, Syrena 105L, 1981
eugene

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 04:56:18 PM »

Looks as though this debate has come to an end.The last post was 2years ago Roll Eyes.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »

It's starting again here http://131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=2663.0 Eugene   Wink

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
hammerbeirne

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 08:03:57 PM »

Why did fiat bother painting them all those deifferent colours as most of them ended up coloured RUST BROWN whatever code that is LOL Grin
131racing

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 08:29:26 PM »

can someone tell me the code of the black colour of the bumpers and wheel arches of the fiat 131 sport please?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.