Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:37:04 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Auto-Italia Italian Car Concours - Stanford Hall, Lutterworth, Sunday August 19
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Auto-Italia Italian Car Concours - Stanford Hall, Lutterworth, Sunday August 19  (Read 16445 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: July 20, 2007, 02:07:22 PM »

Italian Car Concours
Stanford Hall, Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
Sunday August 19th

Acres of exotica! The UK?s largest gathering of Italian cars. Top quality displays of concours cars from the Ferrari Owners Club and Maserati Club. Auto Italia magazine will also be holding its own concours for rare and interesting Italian classics. All the glamour from Italy at an English stately home. Club displays and Italian trade village.

Pay on the day.
www.stanfordhall.co.uk

Ok guys! Who's up to going to this in their 131? Hopefully by August 19th we should have the basics sorted out for 3MA-2008 so I think this will be an ideal venue to publicise the event. And the publicity will have a much greater impact if there's a row of 131s rather than just my car! In fact if it's going to be just my car I might decide not to take the 131.

So, who's up for this?

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 05:34:59 PM »

I'd love to go Theo...and in my 131..but it's a bit far just for one day.  Undecided

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 08:31:43 PM »

but it's a bit far just for one day.  Undecided

Now, now Kevin. You know I am the wrong person to use that excuse on! I am the one who drove to Scotland for Lunch (http://www.thotos.com/gamma2003/) and drove all the way to Ratoath in Ireland so I could park in a VERY wet carpark for the day! (http://www.fiatmotorclubgb.org/Events/Ratoath/pages/E2-Ratoath%20Italian%20Car%20Show%20110306%20001.htm).

OK, the Scottish lunch was extended to include dinner and a couple of lunches and the drive to Ireland was extended to include a day of touring around Ireland but you can also extend your visit to include a tour of the Peak District or something.

I have driven to Belgium several times just for lunch and no extensions!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 08:41:39 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 06:02:04 AM »

Theo, I have already said that I'd love to join you for this one (and I still would) but there's one slight hitch. A mate of mine has asked me to be his Best Man and his Stag Do is on the night of Saturday 18th Aug - so I might be a bit hung over! Grin Roll Eyes Cool Grin

As for the journey being too far Kev - poor excuse mate! Grin I was with Theo at Ratoath for the 'swimathon' - I mean Italian Car Meet last year and I too have driven to France and Belgium for lunch. In fact I think I was on one or two of the same events that Theo went on!

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 07:28:53 AM »

Not wishing to sound too defensive here... but cross channel trips are not the same as those across the Irish Sea.? Shocked

Secondly the Ratoath trip promised the reward of being part of the very first Italian Car day? Wink

Thirdly you had each other's company for the trip, as well as much mechanical knowledge in case of mishap.

Lastly your bottomless pockets would have eased the financial pain!? Grin Grin

Anyway enjoy the day and I'm loking forward to the photos Thotos!? Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
hicky131

The future's bright - The future's orange

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 07:05:33 PM »

Hi guys, long time no speak! Cheesy This place has grown quite a bit since i was last on here! Cool

Anyway,i'll be there on sunday in the 131 Theo,so that'll be at least 2 of us in sports,that's if you're going in yours.
 The last 2 times i've been there,a white sport turned up which i'd never seen before until then,so that might make 3 of us.I'm on with getting Ian to come in his orange car too (APO 420V) so maybe 4! Grin

Wayne.

Wayne Hickman,
Huddersfield,West Yorkshire, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 12:55:51 AM »

Hello Wayne and welcome back!

For a while it seemed as I wouldn't be able to make it on Sunday due to other commitments but now it seems I am back on for being there on Sunday and will be in the 131 since there's at least the possibility of a row of four 131s!

See you there...

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 05:36:37 AM »

It's certainly been a long time Wayne Grin How are you mate?

As I mentioned further up this thread I am up for it but am attending a stag do on Saturday evening, so might be a little jaded! Grin Grin

Now that Theo is going I'll almost certainly try to attend!

So, could that be five 131s? Wink

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 09:55:13 AM »

So, could that be five 131s? Wink

What's the UK record for the most 131s in a Classic Car show?
Simon, if you can get some more of your 131s to attend we might get a new record!  Grin Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
hicky131

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 04:14:53 PM »

It's certainly been a long time Wayne Grin How are you mate?

I'm very well Simon,thanks for asking. Smiley
Things are looking pretty good up here at the moment.In 2 weeks time i should have my double garage up and be able to get the fleet together in the same place for the first time. Cool
I met Mick about a month ago who only lives about 15 mins away from me (how strange is that!) and by getting together,it's given us both the enthusiasm to get cracking on with our projects.
I'm sure between us we can speed up the build up process of his car and make good use of some of the spares in my stockpile at the same time! Grin

What's the UK record for the most 131s in a Classic Car show?
Simon, if you can get some more of your 131s to attend we might get a new record! Grin Grin

I think the most cars i've seen together over here is 6 and that was in 2001 if i remember rightly at stanford hall.
Some piccys here:-

That must've been one of the last shows Jason took his car to before he sold it.
The abarth replica came over from Holland,the black one at the far right belonged to Mitch from the strada club which he paid ?50 for apparentley!
I got a friend to take the orange one for me whilst i drove the silver car.
The super belonged to a guy called Chris who now owns a strada 105tc which was at gaydon last year.

In 2003 the minty white one was there parked next to an old couples series 2 1600 cl which had a for sale sign in the window.I wonder if thats still around?

You could get the family to drive your special and the racing Simon,whilst you drive the abarth up,that would be cool! Grin Cool

Wayne Hickman,
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 04:29:13 PM »

The trouble is that the only fully up and running 131 I currently own is the Abarth Roll Eyes

I'll probably be parting with a 131 or two in the near future (have I said that before Roll Eyes) as I have just invested in another 5-series BMW Shocked I know that I could have bought another good 131 Sport for the money I paid but you can't get much garden material and kids belongings into a 131 Sport Wink

Anyway, my 'new' 5-series is a Sport - a 2002 E39 525i Sport auto Touring Grin Grin Grin to go with my other E39 528i Sport auto saloon and 2004 E60 530i SE auto Saloon.? Cool Cool I'm afraid to admit that I love 5-series BMWs almost as much as I love 131s.

Don't worry guys, I'll never stop being a total 131 nut Wink it's just that I need something modern and reliable for the daily M3/M25 trek to work that won't crumple if an articulated lorry runs up in the back of me at 70mph Shocked Shocked

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

hicky131

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 06:27:27 PM »

Nothing wrong with liking beemers Simon.
I've been running one as a daily driver since my black sport died.
It had to be an E30 though (dont do modern cars and its a similar shape to the 131)
Also managed to get hold of an independant back end off a 325i sport so i feel a conversion on the rally car coming along in the future! Wink

Wayne Hickman,
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 08:43:44 PM »

I think the most cars i've seen together over here is 6 and that was in 2001 if i remember rightly at stanford hall.
Some piccys

I can only see 5 in the pics.  Huh  Do I need to put on my new glasses?  Huh The one on the right is a Strada Abarth 130.  Undecided

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
hicky131

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 09:47:25 PM »

Look at the bottom pic Theo. The super parked up at the side of the abarth replica after i took the first 2 pics. Smiley

Wayne Hickman,
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 10:49:20 PM »

Ah! Yes, now I see number 6  Shocked

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.