Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:26:22 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Abarth rear suspension bits?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Abarth rear suspension bits?  (Read 7797 times)
Tristan

« on: July 20, 2007, 07:10:25 PM »

hello all , newbie here looking for help . I'm trying to source some rear dampers or coilovers for a 131 Abarth I'm doing some work on for a friend , does anyone know where to get them?
theredx19
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 09:54:43 PM »

have you tried Guy Moorenhaut he is on the net and seems to have a good knowledge of these rare beast or he might point you in the right direction
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 06:13:03 AM »

I'd also give Tony Castle-Miller a try at Middle Barton Garage in Oxfordshire, GB. He supplied a wealth of information (for free I might add) and parts for the first part of the running restoration of my Stradale, including drop links and suspension settings for the car, so I'm sure he'll be able to help.

I only hope that he hasn't been too badly affected by the current flooding as West Oxford has suffered quite severely.

Tristan, I assume you're talking about Andy H's car. Andy already has a working relationship with GM as I believe he has recently purchased a 130 Coupe from Guy - so the direct personal approach might pay dividends. Grin

Please let us know how you get on as I'd be interested to see who can supply the right part for the right price Wink

Cheers

Simon

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Tristan

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 11:38:54 AM »

yes Simon , he has a Relationship with GM , but "working" is not the description I'd use..... He will have bolt on coilovers for the rear , but not for about a month , at approx 500 Euro a pair . A.P.E. I think.
Must try Middle Barton , we've gotten stuff from them before , as you say they are 100%.
Walezy

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 12:23:10 PM »

do you want to build a replica of such suspension or do you want to have exact copy of original? I have built such suspension in my car but have not yet tested it(only 300m so it was not the test).

* DSC06368.JPG (196.63 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 1397 times.)

* DSC06038.JPG (73.47 KB, 960x1280 - viewed 1231 times.)

Walezy

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 12:38:56 PM »

The dampers can be made easily, just use Opel astra strut inserts and fit them into pipe threaded pipe. this will work perfectly.

Tristan

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 11:06:39 PM »

it is  a Genuine Abarth , I just need to replace the soft dampers/springs with new ones.
Tristan

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 11:49:32 PM »

@Simon... no joy with M-B Garage... even though they could find us a master cylinder for the 037! Ah well , the hunt continues...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.