Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:54:43 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 sport wings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 sport wings  (Read 17297 times)
106usj

« on: January 11, 2010, 09:25:38 PM »

I bought 2 genuine 131 sport front wings last week rot free rust free and no filler  for a good price i have 1 fixing bracket missing on each wing.These are the small brackets that are rivited into the lip of the wing so the plastic arch trim can be fitted.
Does any one have 2 spare to sell. ?
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 09:40:41 PM »

Original 131 Sport/Racing wings have the brackets welded on so if yours have  riveted brackets then I'd say they are standard wings that someone riveted brackets to. Not a problem as long as both wings are the same. For years I used to have one original Sport wing and one 'standard' wing on my Silver Sport and I never realised until Simon pointed out the difference to me  Undecided

It should be easy to make up the little brackets that are missing.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
sid131

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 09:48:28 PM »

all you need to do is just fold 2 new brackets & spot weld them on, are the wings new or secondhand?
106usj

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 09:50:36 PM »

Ill post pictures to clarify . Sid they are second hand.
106usj

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 10:28:59 PM »

Ok, I'll be pi**ed off if they are not genuine, as it was from someone from this site I bought them, & were sold as genuine 131 Sport wings but if they will work that's ok as they are rust & filler free and in good condition.
To top it all my camera has now f***** up so i will post the pictures tuesday night.
106usj
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 10:40:14 PM »

If the wings are good then don't worry about it. Once fitted very few people (probably just Simon  Grin) will be able to tell. As I said I knowingly had one of each on my car and I couldn't tell the difference until Simon pointed it out to me.   

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
106usj

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 10:48:16 PM »

You do learn something new every day on this site.
So to spot a GENUINE 131 SPORT WING the arch brackets should be welded on and not rivited ? correct ?
If the brackets are rivited  on then they are standard 131 wings ? correct?
Just so every one is clear on this Theo.
Thanks.
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 11:12:04 PM »

Original 131 Sport wings have spot-welded brackets on them. It's easy to spot-weld brackets onto 'standard' wings so the brackets are not the way to tell; in any case once the plastic 'eyebrows' are fitted you can't see the brackets.  The wings are ever so slightly different in curvature with the 'standard' wings being more bulbous than the Sport/Racing wings. 

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
106usj

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 11:23:55 PM »

Intresting info Theo for all who buy 131 sport wings in the future.

Dont get me wrong i am happy to get 2 wings in solid original condition for the prige i paid.
If it is that hard to tell the standard wings from Sport wings maybe, just maybe the seller sold them as genuine not knowing they were standard ?
I will post pics of brackets when i can.
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 11:31:32 PM »

I don't have a sport so I have no experience of this but I can't understand why Fiat would make the sport wings a slightly different shape as this would surely involve different tooling and a lot of cost.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
sid131

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 11:39:21 PM »

T? f?or-Fiat 131 cliath?in uile an c?anna, d?reach na clibeanna beag at? ar an sp?rt ar an arches
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:42:14 PM by sid131 » Logged
sid131

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 11:45:05 PM »

na l?ib?n? T? l?thair welded ar do threalamh ?irse, bheadh s? n?os fearr a dh?anamh idir l?ib?n? n?os l?idre agus ?s?id scri? 5mm in ionad f?in tapping scri?, thats cad go mbeidh m? ag d?anamh
106usj

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 11:51:28 PM »

Sid .
cha neill mi ach a tuigsinn a huilla darna facall a tha u a rath anns a ghaillaig erinn
Sev131

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 11:57:35 PM »

I've got an original sport wing and an original for a super but will need to check. Most of the imitation wings i've come across can be awful to line up properly.

I kind of remember that the sport wings don't buldge out as much as supers etc.
106usj

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 12:13:27 AM »

Well this is something for all of us to look into just to see if there is a noticable difference in the two wings shape wise and if its worth worrying about standard or sport .
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.