Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:58:52 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Help required
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help required  (Read 5422 times)
chris131

« on: December 31, 2006, 03:15:40 PM »

Hi, i am restoring a 131 sport, but I'm having a few problems with the wiring. The wires that I'm talking about are those coming from the coil and the black box, as i'm not sure where exactly they go. And the fact that the previous owner has wires coming from everywhere only confuses me even more.  Cry

Has anyone got a wiring diagram or can they help by telling me where the wires go on their car.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
chris
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 04:52:56 PM »

There were two different electronic ignition units for the 131 Sport: One was a BOSCH unit and the most common fitment to UK cars but there's also a Magnetti Marelli unit. Please let us know which unit you have on your car (although I'd guess it's the BOSCH unit). I'll find the curcuit diagram in my Haynes manual and post a copy here. I could also post a photo of my car's coil unit if it would be of any help.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
chris131

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 06:42:41 PM »

Hi, yes theo its the bosch unit. I would really appreciate it if you could post a photo as my other car is fitted with an abarth electronic ignition, so i don't have anything to compare to.

Thanks for your help
chris
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 12:59:36 AM »

OK, I've got my BOSCH and Marelli units mixed up!  Undecided (old age....)
Most of the UK cars are fitted with the Marelli unit. Some of the later (circa 1981/2) 131 Sports were fitted with the BOSCH unit. Or I may be wrong again...  Both my 131 Sports had/have the Marelli unit and I've only ever seen one that was different (must have been the BOSCH system).

Anyway, below is a scan of the Haynes manual page about the electronic ignition units and wiring. There's also a photograph of my car's Marelli coil/ignition module but I don't think that will help much. The fused relay seen in the photo is for the lights and nothing to do with the ignition. Also don't worry if you can't find an "Accusump" next to your coil as normally there isn't one!  (nor a remote oil filter).

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 01:01:18 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.