Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:38:14 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Interior Lightings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interior Lightings  (Read 6603 times)
krishtiano

« on: July 26, 2007, 07:15:10 PM »

dear brothers,
1ST problem:
I have encountered a problem here and i am clueless on how to fix it. My Interior lights have stopped functioning. I might have a problem with my wiring but i don't know where are the relays. Need you help here guys.

2nd problem:
I don't know how to open up my dashboard to change the bulbs in the HUD. It is very dim now and i cant see my meters very well at night.

Thank you guys! Smiley

Hunting my country for a sport!
Malaysia
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 08:33:03 PM »

There are no relays for the interior lights. Do they not work when you open the doors or they NEVER work? Have you checked the fuses?

Changing the lights in the dashboard unit is a bit of a pain! Take off the two plastic plates at either side of the instrument panel and remove the two screws (one each side). Pull out the unit carefully (or push the speedo cable from inside the engine compartment) just enough so you can get your hand behind it and release the speedo cable. Then release all the electrical plugs and you can take the complete unit out. Once it's out you should replace ALL the instrument light bulbs (you don't want to have to do this gain). You don't have to replace the smaller tell-tale bulbs. The instrument light bulbs should be 3W and don't be tempted to replace them with 5W for more light as the plastic housings will melt! (this is the voice of experience...)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 08:44:15 PM »

Ha - Thats brought back a memory Theo.

After bad experiences with my first 2 cars (Fiat 127 and 128) I bought a reliable jap hatchback cos I was fed up of breaking down. It was quite a nice Mazda 323 2 Door in Black with racy side stripes and giant spot lights as well as all the other pimp stuff a 20 year old boy does to his pride and joy - All show and no go although the engine used to rev to what sounded like? (no tach) 8000rpm with no apparent ill effects.? Shocked

Anyway its side lights were separate units from the headlamps mounted above the indicators and junior had the brain wave one day of replacing the 5w bulbs with 21w bulbs making it look like Volvo/Saab daytime running lights. All was well with my new look until I noticed what can only be described as a pregnant bulge in each lens the size of the bulb head - The extra heat had softened and pushed out the plastic lens - Fearing a total meltdown I went back to 5ws immediately.!? Roll Eyes

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
krishtiano

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 11:39:17 AM »

Thanks Theo! Will get to it during the weekend and update u guys bout the situation.

Malaysia
krishtiano

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 05:14:56 PM »

I got the dashboard done...but i cant seem to solve the lighting problem...damn...i think im gonna have my machanic have a look at it..

Malaysia
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 06:06:46 PM »

Have you checked the door switches? Often rust stops the connections. Try cleaning or replacing them.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
krishtiano

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 08:14:57 PM »

I have tried cleaning them...but to no avail...might need to replace them i guess...damn where im i gonna find those Sad

Malaysia
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.