Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:53:24 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  ESC 169W
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ESC 169W  (Read 6946 times)
106usj

« on: April 03, 2010, 07:16:53 PM »

Hello all.
Picked up a copy of Retro Cars magazine today.
There is a guy Alex Mitchell who has an add in with pictures about a 131 Sport he bought and sold.
The artice is headed (Dead Or Alive) its an 81, 131 TC Sport which was stripped to the bare shell over a 2 year period  and all rust cut out and finished to A1 standard, and then this Alex bought it in 1993
The engine spec was.
2000cc tc
Holbay tornado cams with twin verniers.
Twin 40 webers, cam driven dizzy.
Alquati 2.25 exhaust and manifold.
High compression pistons ported and polished head among many other mods,
He is now asking for info to see if it is still kicking about,
Any one who has any info for this guy can they contact.Email
Editorial:retrocars@unity-media.com
or web address www.retrocarsmag.com
phone 01732748000

« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:02:19 AM by 106usj » Logged
david

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 09:22:31 PM »

According to dvla the last tax ran out on  31-5-1998 and there is no sorn on it...
106usj

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 12:07:50 AM »

Well in the article he says the guy he got it from spent thousands & gave it a full bare metal strip down even 1mm galvanised steel used to do the inner and outer sills he is sure it will still be about as he said in the article it was mint when he got it.
Well we may never know its final history !!  Sad
italianxrays

Fiat 131 - VFP783X

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 07:53:29 AM »

Sad
Sorry to say this was my only 131Sport, I acquired car after the verniers / carbs had been removed, I began to strip the car which revealed much tin worm eventually after much grief from the wife I also had a panorama then - less engine on the drive I gave her to my friend Steve, he also found serious rust particularly around front "A" pillar area / bulkhead, the floor pan was OK as were the doors / sills etc. it is now cut up, sadly, but engine inc. cams,freeflow exhaust etc doors, glass, orange interior all remain.I believe it had been raced at Knockhill.
Steve is reclusive, also owns a 131 Super and several Abarth Strada's.
I will have to pay him a visit as I can have any parts from this car, that was the deal.
Sorry about this sad tale, I think it could have been saved in hindsight.........
106usj

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 11:44:39 PM »

Oh well some survive some dont !!. Sad
Ill have to leave an email for the guy if i get a chance @ the weekend.
Nice to get the history all the same though.
Thanks.
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 09:47:26 PM »

Only just found his resto video on youtube
 is it dead now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGCT0F72MBY&feature=share&list=UUmbAcKLQOOUuPBP9KQcceUw

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.