Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:41:33 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Report & Photos from Italian Car Day 050807
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Report & Photos from Italian Car Day 050807  (Read 5661 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: August 06, 2007, 05:17:45 PM »

In excess of 25 cars turned out in a drenching downpour that began the previous evening at 6.0pm and did not relent until lunch time on Sunday.

I arrived at the rally point in my Fiat Passat !!? Roll Eyes (too wet for the 131!) to find an empty car park. I knew I wasn't late and decided that everyone had cried off cos of the weather. Then I discovered the main car park which had a good collection of Fiats, Alfs, Lancias, Ferrari from modern to classsic. In keeping with the theme of the site there were 3 Mirafioris present.

We set off in convoy to the first photo opportunity overlooking Lough Derg. After another 15 mins of kicking tyres the convoy pulled out and I got the camcorder rolling. Strange what a camera will do to the right foot as to a car, every driver lit up their driving wheels as they pulled out on to the wet main road. Two twin cam 131s leading the way with the most lurid fishtailing!? Shocked

From there on to the lunch stop where the convoy of >30 cars swamped the hotel car park. An hour or so later two of us left to scout for another good vantage spot to get some more footage. We found a sleepy unrestricted village with a half mile straight, a small yump and a long open right hander. My colleague held up the cars with brief instructions to each driver, releasing them at 30 second intervals and again the rev hungry italian motors did their thing in style. A V6 156, some modified Fiat Coupes and some Intergrales all performed impressively but there were 3 surprises. A lovely '71 Fiat Dino with a small exhaust noise problem? Roll Eyes blasted past with a glorious howl, a '69 Lancia bounced off the red line before disappering in a bang and a cloud of smoke - I was convinced that the engine had been blown to bits and I was considering my part in providing the encouragement to perform in front of the lens - Luckily it proved to be an overfill of oil and the car made it to the next stop and the owner declared no new or funny noises from the engine. Hope he made it all the way home.? ?Smiley And finally the star of the show for me was a beige Fiat 124 berlina 1200 making the noise Fiat intended and probably caused it to be such a hit with customers when new. It rasped up through the gears and sounded twice as fast as it was!? Cool

Next stop was a go karting session on 1500m track before a vist to see a collection of rare 70/80s rally cars.

A very full day and pics are below to enjoy. Oh and the weather improved later as can be seen.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 09:00:31 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Tristan

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 11:44:12 AM »

Good stuff Kev , you wasted no time getting pictures up!
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 07:23:11 AM »

A few more photos courtesy of John Purcell (Deltona). These were of the first photo stop overlooking Lough Derg and about 3/4 miles from Killaloe.

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 09:22:19 AM »

Was there a Lancia Trevi there? It looks like I can see one in the middle of the row of cars on one of your latest pictures. Do you have any more photos of it? They are as rare as Argentas!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 05:55:33 PM »

Hi Dave - Very well spotted.

It is indeed a Trevi 2000 in remarkably corrosion free condition.

Sounds and goes well too and it must have one of the most unique dashes in the world - Bizarre even by Italian 70/80s standards!? Roll Eyes

Here is another picture as requested - If I find some I'll post them as well. Funny you should mention it in the same? sentance as an Argenta. When the time came to sell Dad's 131 Sport the choice was between an Argenta, a Trevi or a Giulietta - Unfortunately the Argenta won!

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 07:36:20 PM »

Thanks for the pic. It brings back fond memories of a silver Trevi which belonged to a friend of mine who I worked for. I got to drive it quite a bit and really enjoyed it. I think it may have ended up in Ireland when it was sold.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
krishtiano

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 03:29:22 AM »

well done Kev!! Those are some really beautiful classic cars there mate! Wink

Hunting my country for a sport!
Malaysia
Andy c

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 06:42:16 PM »

i had a lancia trevi once never seen one since

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.