Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:26:37 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  White Dove Show, Kingsley, Hants
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: White Dove Show, Kingsley, Hants  (Read 4559 times)
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« on: August 12, 2007, 05:48:41 PM »

Well, what a surprising day I have just had Grin

I had forgotten all about this local show (well, local to me at least) and saw a sign for it on Friday evening. I made the call and got the Abarth booked in and went down to Kingsley, between Bordon and Alton, Hants (on Sunday 12th Aug).

We arrived at about 9.30 to find only a few classics already in the field and was a bit worried that we'd be the only ones! I needn't have been. By the time the event opened to the public there must have been about 250 classic cars and commercials and about 200 classic motorbikes - all neatly parked on a cricket pitch!!

The weather was 'ok' but got brighter as the day wore on. Infact I even managed to get a sun tan! Undecided

The event was in aid of the Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice in Farnham, where we had first hand experience recently when one of Wendy's close friend was cared for there after she contracted cancer. Entry fee was a donation of no less than ?3.50 for the car and all it's passengers - bargain!

Wendy and the kids won loads of stuff on the tombola and even managed to win a meal for two at a good local hotel - very useful as it's my 15th Wedding Anniversary on Wednesday Wink

About 30 owners we invited to enter the show ring and talk about their cars over the PA - and I was one!? Grin I was well chuffed! Lots of interest in the car, as well as many people saying "I haven't seen one of those for years"! Roll Eyes They should have come to 3MA07 Cool

Anyway, a great show that I shall be repeating next year!

I took some pics but they are too big to post here. Will try after Theo has paid my computer a visit! Tongue Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 05:58:30 PM »

Nice one Si.

It's especially satisfying for your pride and joy to be singled out.

I wonder was the comment "I haven't seen one of them in years" directed at Abarths or Mirafioris? I suspect the latter?

And did anyone ask was it genuine this time around?    Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 06:21:20 PM »

I think the comment was made towards 131's in general and no Kev, no one asked whether it was genuine Roll Eyes Possibly because no one knew what it really was Undecided

The car was singled out by one of the organisers when I first arrived apparently. He used to own Alfas and "has a love for square and boxy Italian cars" - his words not mine Wink As I was about to leave he asked for my contact details as he was genuinely interested enough to ask to come round to my house to see my other 131s Grin I only hope he not a lunatic chainsaw wielding car enthusiast! Undecided Grin Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 04:27:25 PM »

A couple of pics of my Abarth at the show. Looks like I managed to take them on the single occurance of the sun coming out!

* IMG_0347s.jpg (65.1 KB, 800x600 - viewed 505 times.)

* IMG_0346s.jpg (89.9 KB, 800x600 - viewed 457 times.)

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 04:30:27 PM »

This is when we had first got there. The field had been cut a few days before and was very wet and muddy, hence the rather 'unclean' tyres Grin

* IMG_0345s.jpg (81.68 KB, 800x600 - viewed 479 times.)

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.